Finally Driving

This is a discussion on Finally Driving within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am now ready to introduce myself. I purchased my '08 WRX about a month ago from a dealer. Within ...

Finally Driving

I am now ready to introduce myself.
    I purchased my '08 WRX about a month ago from a dealer. Within a week I drove it to Moab and dented busted the oil pan. A week after getting a new oil pan, the car broke down in a metal grinding in my engine broken down. I took the car in to Super Rupair and alerted the warranty company from the 3000 mi limited dealer warranty.
    Turns out the Turbo was recently replaced due to wear and the bearings were all worn down and one had completely failed and was now sourcing the metal to the engine. After waiting two weeks for the warranty company to be convinced that the engine was their issue, it would be another week for the engine to be replaced. Super Rupair set me up with a slightly used (25k mi) engine and turbo from a recently totaled WRX. A little organ donor-ship I guess.
    Either way I am stoked to be driving my WRX again and got pumped to do some minor tuning and cosmetic changes from the recent CUSCC car show.

Look forward to reaping wisdom from the annuls of this forum
    ALL the wheels are powered!?!?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome man! your more open minded than me with letting them use a used engine from a previous totalled car haha. I wouldnt touch that with a 20 foot pole! But who knows, could be perfectly fine!

I guess as long as you didn't have to pay for it...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying