Ridiculous Key?! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ridiculous Key?! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 06wrx4me This brings us to the root of the problem. Pants pockets are ever shrinking. I remember ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    This brings us to the root of the problem. Pants pockets are ever shrinking. I remember in the early to late 90's pants pockets went all the way down to your knee and were like 8" wide at the top. You could fit 4 beers in your front pockets and still walk, it was much more practical.

Now even for people who think skinny jeans are retarded (me), they have shrunk the pockets so that my iphone in my pocket looks like my leg has a rectangle tumor.

Anyone know of a brand of pants that fit loose and have useable pockets anymore?
    I got you.JNCO Jeans and Jnco wideleg pants :: Kikwear Jeans

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    This brings us to the root of the problem. Pants pockets are ever shrinking. I remember in the early to late 90's pants pockets went all the way down to your knee and were like 8" wide at the top. You could fit 4 beers in your front pockets and still walk, it was much more practical.

Now even for people who think skinny jeans are retarded (me), they have shrunk the pockets so that my iphone in my pocket looks like my leg has a rectangle tumor.

Anyone know of a brand of pants that fit loose and have useable pockets anymore?
    I agree I find myself wishing pant pockets were a bit bigger, and could comfortably hold more. However, I've came up with a way of carrying all my EDC items comfortably, depending on where I am going. If I'm going to school I keep my bundle of ID, Credit Cards, and Cash in my back left pocket, Cell phone in front left, and keys in front right. If Im at Internship (automotive performance shop) I keep my cash in the same spot, back left pocket, I keep cell phone in front left, I keep my Benchmade Triage, my LED flashlight, and leather man multi-tool in my front right pocket, as I'm a righty and can quickly pull one out for quick use, and 2 pair of latex mechanics gloves in my back right pocket (I'm only an intern, I have no workbench at the shop, YET! (hopefully)). And lastly my keys hang from the belt loop next to my right front pocket

Registered User thescreensavers's Avatar
    I agree with OP, I kinda hated the subaru Key at first but now its ok.

I freaking hate jeans these days cant even fit my hand into my pocket...
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback
    GTWORX Cup Kit w/RCE Yellows/RCE Swaybars/Kartboy Endlinks/Muffler Delete/Shorty Antenna/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Sweet! Just like Beyond Baggy's! Except did I mention I'm cheap?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I just ordered the new key.. will be great compared to my late 90's key given to me w/ the purchase of a brand new rex!

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA...I thought they went out of business.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Last edited by mycologist; 04-23-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Those do look nice, but also outside my price range.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't mind my keychain being smaller (9 keys, 2 fobs, security fob for work), but it's not really a problem with khakis/cargo pants, which is what I mostly wear. My WRX is cut on a STI blank from back in the day, so I know what you mean...it is kindof a huge-ish key.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Church clothes and military blues are almost impossible!
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I just have two sets of keys. One with the keys that I use occasionally (leave in my center console), and one with the car key and fob, which I carry regularly. Boom.

When I leave the house I have 2 key rings, my car key and fob on one and all my other keys on the other. I keep my other keys in the car whenever I go anywhere i.e. work, out, ect. That's been working out for me so maybe you can try that. Take the keys off that you don't use very often and just leave them in your car

Not a bad idea
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I miss my Jnco jeans you could fit a liter bottle of soda in the back pocket. Im waiting for my Keyport V2 then ill try to modify my extra valet key to fit into it.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I don't feel like leaving a key in the car is a smart idea...one brick through a window and bam, car's gone. Not to mention, what if the fob breaks or battery dies?

I've been rocking a caribeaner with my keys for probably the last 10 years of my life. By far the easiest thing to do. Right on a belt loop...never falls off. I keep a bottle opener on it for those times in need. One ring with house/work keys, and my car keys and clicker on a second ring so I can separate if need be. Best thing is, if you have shorts or sweats or something with no pockets, you can clip it right onto the waistband.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.