New to Forum 2013 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to Forum 2013 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Long time fan of the WRX and first time owner. I have read through the forum on quite a few ...

New to Forum 2013 WRX

Long time fan of the WRX and first time owner. I have read through the forum on quite a few topics already. Great info. Figured I would join up to say hello and thanks. Fantastic car and what a cool community of owners. I have not received this many waves since riding around in my Dad's MG in the 70's!!!

I am inching ever closer to the 1,000 Mile point... I find myself driving around the block a few extra times trying to get there sooner. 80 miles to go.

I am going to keep the mods pretty simple: Tint, Flaps, Cobb Accessport and CAI. Well, for now... I have already added the factory bars and my Yakima Frontloader's for our bikes which aren't included in this pic... I will post some fresh shots later when I get a few things done.

Cheers!!!
    Roger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130329_172704.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats!
    How dark do you plan on going with the tint?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum. You look really young to be driving
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Maryland Law is %35. I am not sure what level of tint is there from the factory... I can tell there is a little.

So, yeah, I think I am going to go pretty dark, but I have been thinking about keeping it lighter on the Driver and Passenger Windows.

Not sure yet. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You look really young to be driving
    I look a little older when I don't shave for a few days...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Myb_Raj13 View Post
    Maryland Law is %35. I am not sure what level of tint is there from the factory... I can tell there is a little.

So, yeah, I think I am going to go pretty dark, but I have been thinking about keeping it lighter on the Driver and Passenger Windows.

Not sure yet. Suggestions?
    i say the darker the better!
    I did 5% on the backs, 20% on the fronts and 20% visor strip.. Wish i had gone darker on the fronts tho.. But only during the day. At night I'm glad i went lighter on the fronts

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Welcome! I'd recommend adding a downpipe instead of a CAI, the gains with a tune will be much more noticeable. With an Accessport, you can run the regular Stage 2 (downpipe+tune), or if you still want an intake, Stage 2+ (downpipe+tune+intake) Off the Shelf maps right from Cobb. Beware though, only certain intakes are recommended for use with their OTS maps.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Welcome! I have 30% all around (not the windshield of course) and its plenty dark during the day and still good at night. I imagine I would have a problem seeing out the windows at night if it were any darker. The tint will look darker since your car's paint is lighter as well.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Welcome and congrats!

I will echo the 30 all around sentiment. I used to have 40 up front and 15 on the rears, and I often had a bit of difficulty at night time, especially when having to back up for any reason.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+1 on the new downpipe. I installed a Cobb catted downpipe (MD registered car by the way) myself in less then 4 hours using wheel ramps. The power is so much more compared to stage 1. Having more fun with this setup then my Dinan Stage 2 BMW 335i coupe! Really, the AWD with this power is a blast to drive on the back roads.

i would make the tint same % all around, and welcome!

Welcome!

I'd recommend sways if you have any real cornering in your commute. Cuts a lot of the body roll out and reduces some understeer.

I have a 50% tint on the windshield and 38% on the rest. HIDs help with the windshield at night (and therefore I probably wouldn't do it on standard halogens.) The sides are a little light for my taste, but I like it nonetheless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I'm going to keep the tint simple... I'll go with a straight 35 all the way around.

I might have to factor the Downpipe in later down the road. Seems to be a pretty strong suggestion.

I'm gonna browse and read up on it some more.

Thanks again!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    If I can offer some (inexperienced newbie) advice - mine came tinted, darker on the back windows
    Hi all, pleased to introduce the Shoopster

I find the back windows too dark at night, I can only see headlights. (I'm not even sure it's legit but I guess if it's not I'll find out soon enough...) I've no idea what percentage it is, unfortunately. But anyway, you see my pix? I suggest lighter. The front windows are perfect in my opinion.

I looked into having the darker tint changed, quoted around 400$ (plus tax grumble grumble) and advised that removing it could possibly damage the defrost (keeping the tint, then.) So, best to be sure when you do it.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.