Need help with my mods.

This is a discussion on Need help with my mods. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all. Just bough a 06 blue with mods. The engine is broken but the new block is coming already ...

Need help with my mods.

Hey all.
    Just bough a 06 blue with mods. The engine is broken but the new block is coming already and then I'll transfer all the goodies form the cracked block to the new one. No idea about pistons and rods ( yet ). Previous owner is in the hospital ( motorcycle accident ) and his uncle has no idea what is in the car. The only thing he knew was the price spent on the car to build ( around 12k ).
    Saying that, I need someone that knows something to tell me what I have in hands.
    Thank you all and I hope someone can say something.
    See you guys some friday night somewhere
    Eduardo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1-4.jpg   photo 2-4.jpg   photo 3-1.jpg   photo 4-1.jpg   photo 5-1.jpg  

photo 5-2.jpg  
    Last edited by duschiavon; 04-20-2013 at 07:10 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

More pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1-5.jpg   photo 2-6.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    First pic is an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Second appears to be a Perrin rotated kit with a GTX30r, no way to tell which one without measuring it. Also what looks to be a Tial MV-R wastegate. A GReddy muffler, Enkei RPF1s, and a Perrin FMIC.

It's no wonder the engine blew. That extent of modding is going to need a built engine to handle the stress. If I were you I would either try to return the car, or find out what shop did the work and take it back to them to get more info on it. This thing is undoubtedly going to cost a lot of money to get running right, and even then it's not going to be what I would consider reliable.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I also see you're missing the transmission dip stick, and there is a detached hose in the first pic that probably needs to be hooked up properly.

And camber plates.. probably coilovers on there. And obviously that hideous CF hood.

Another one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-3.jpg