Suspension question

This is a discussion on Suspension question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i a few weeks ago i installed KYB GR2 struts in the rear because one of my stock ones ...

Suspension question

So i a few weeks ago i installed KYB GR2 struts in the rear because one of my stock ones were blown to s**t. Well install was a success, except for the issue that i can REALLY feel the deflection now when i turn at high speeds. I reused the stock springs (for now) and havent even touched the front. My question is, do I need to install better struts on the front to compensate now that i have moved away from the stock struts in the rear? Im going to anyway but if im going to have to do sway bars and endlinks too id just like to know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With that your rear shocks will compress faster and release slower than they are meant to. The springs are too easy. so the rear moves way different than the front. You would probably be better off just saving up for struts and springs all the way around. Sways and endlinks don't hurt, either. But as far as shocks and springs, they usually belong together and half-assed will always result in half-assed suspension...
    If you did the same thing on the front, you'd at least balance it out some, with a somewhat automatic dynamic lowering on rough surfaces.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?