2nd post

This is a discussion on 2nd post within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought a 2006 sti and when I put the dccd in lock position it's hard to turn is ...

2nd post

I just bought a 2006 sti and when I put the dccd in lock position it's hard to turn is this normal. I'm assuming its because all tires are locked in there for its harder to turn. I no it's not for everyday use but I still wanted to make sure everything is working correctly. Thanks. O ya and my names Shane from eugene or. Any other locals around me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep, its normal.

The differential is locked to provide a 50/50 power split, thus putting equal amounts of power to all wheels. So when you're turning, the inner wheels are going to want to spin faster than the outer wheels, but can't. So you're going to feel some resistance and hear some clunking.

DCCD is one of the reasons why I bought an STI, twice. Makes winter/snow driving so nice.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Ok. Thanks for the info

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yes. You are literally locking your front and rear axles in tandem. You should NOT be using the DCCD in locked position on dry pavement for prolonged periods of driving. Doing so may result in permanent differential failure.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/