Slow speed brake issue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Slow speed brake issue within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey fellas! I'm stan just got a Wrx beautiful looking car ill put a pic up if I can work ...

Slow speed brake issue

Hey fellas!
    I'm stan just got a Wrx beautiful looking car ill put a pic up if I can work out how to do it
    Anyway when I come to stop prob around 10-5 ks with foot on break its like the hill start is trying to lock in or something
    And I know it dosnt work is there a part u can buy to fix this or remove as it makes a bit of a noise when I go to pull up cheers ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Idk much about the brake problem, but personally those wheels pose a problem. They look like they belong in the 'ghetto' on an early 2000's GMC Denali. But honestly, the more I look at them, the less harsh they become.

Ok well didn't ask for opinion on rims they came with car and they look fat to me but thanks I think ? ��

I'm from Australia have never seen a Denali until right now I know wat u mean about rims now these are 19 inch advanti

how many miles on the car? how many miles on the pads and rotors? warped rotors? wheels not balanced correctly? car unaligned?

seems like you have a good amount of mods since its really low and i can see an FMIC. what are all your mods?
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I don't understand the question

also by yourusername i see the vf as a mod lol..

but anywho i dont believe on that model theres a hill assist..unless that was an overseas option.. but maybe its your ABS kicking in early?

trying pulling the ABS fuse and make a few stops and it could be the ABS...if it still does it plug the fuse back in and then my guess is its warped rotors or maybe the pads. can clean the pads and get the rotors resurfaced. but answer the question on the mileage on the brake rotor and pad mileage and that will be more help
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Wink

The car has done 130,000 kms mods are bigs plasma fmic pod filter intake vf22 turbo have lifted up around 50 mm with all new coils brakes are fairly new ill try pulling the abs fuse and see what happen only had the car for 2 weeks going to get it dynoed and tuned soon see how many horses she's pulling

brakes are fairly new, so say they have about 8mm or so of pad life. then take into account that youre supposed to replace/resurface rotors each brake job. also check your master cylinder reservoir level. if its too high you may be causing your brakes to drag

Ok so pulled the abs fuse seemed to do the job but leaves abs light and hand brake light on which is a real pain still don't understand why it's doing it

seems like you have a good amount of mods since its really low and i can see an FMIC.
    Last edited by Iga88; 04-19-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    great home is a great verande

Quote Originally Posted by Vf22 Wrx 03 View Post
    Ok so pulled the abs fuse seemed to do the job but leaves abs light and hand brake light on which is a real pain still don't understand why it's doing it
    ok so seems like its an ABS issue and not the warped rotors or whatever else. Does this problem occur every time you stop? Do you notice the problem when braking on loose surfaces? Plug the fuse back in and try braking on loose surfaces and report back.

My ABS did what seems to be similar to this. It would kick in early on loose surfaces like snow, small rocks on the road. There is a recall out for that problem, where the Subaru dealer will replace the ABS ecu for no charge so the problem will not occur anymore.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.