2003 WRX Spec R1 not turning over
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2003 WRX Spec R1 not turning over within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If I'm posting this in the wrong area I'm sorry didn't know were to drop it. So my 03 WRX ...

2003 WRX Spec R1 not turning over

If I'm posting this in the wrong area I'm sorry didn't know were to drop it.

So my 03 WRX Spec R1 was running fine but on my way home from work it just died on me. It didn't just quit out right it slowly died like a car running out of gas would do. The tank was full I had just filled it up before going to work. I did however let it get very low, lower then I normally do.

Now my 03 is all original I haven't changed anything on it since I got it, minus normal stuff like plugs and breaks and all that jazz. So the first thing I did is replace the fuel filter, I also put in new plugs and replaced a coil pack that was looking rough. The fuel pump just kicks on and prime when I put the car into the on position. It does only put out abit of fuel to me thats "normal" cause its just priming correct me if I'm wrong though.

If I let the car sit over night it will start for about 3 - 4 seconds then die off again so to me its not getting gas. All the connectors are good, no broken cables or anything. I used contact cleaner all all the contacts.

I just don't know whats wrong with it. I'm going to head out to my garage now and pull out the fuel pump and look it over. But if anyone has any suggestion I'm all ears.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So I found out that a mouse had made a nest on the top of my fuel pump. I cleared all that way but it had chewed the seal to the area the fuel pump is housed and now my fuel pump is rusted to ****. I'm looking to replace the fuel pump and the fuel pump sending unit cause they are basically just a ball of rust. All the local shops around here are charging 300 - 400 for the OEM fuel pump and 1200 - 1400 for the OEM sending unit. I'm not looking to replace them with anything fancy I'd like to keep it all stock does anyone know a good siting online? cause I think the local stores are really over charging

any help would be great thanks for your time

So here are some pictures of it cause the ones I found online are all round tops. Mines different anyone happen to know why

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.