New to forum and Subaru's
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to forum and Subaru's within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys i'm going on Saturday to pick up my first Subaru its an 05 WRX. I'm curious what all ...

New to forum and Subaru's

Hey guys i'm going on Saturday to pick up my first Subaru its an 05 WRX. I'm curious what all I should check on the test drive and inspection b4 paying for the car. I know the normal things like leaks, fluids and what nots but what is WRX specific that has failures. I really want the car and I'm afraid thats going to influence my decision and might make me overlook things.

I'm not new to performance cars and such I have had a few. Still own my 69 Mustang mach1 and a few other daily drivers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

That^^^^ good luck!!
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Just want to say thanks guys for the info. I'm really hoping all is good with this car. Gonna make sure I ask about the timing belt for sure since its sitting right at 100k miles and if it hasn't been changed going to do it straight away.Thanks again for the input.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

pics of the mustang?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang69hm View Post
    Just want to say thanks guys for the info. I'm really hoping all is good with this car. Gonna make sure I ask about the timing belt for sure since its sitting right at 100k miles and if it hasn't been changed going to do it straight away.Thanks again for the input.
    No problem! If you want to post any ads you come across, we will dissect them with our keen and knowledgeable eyes
    - Will

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    welcome

pics of the mustang?
    I'll get some up asap just reimaged this pc so I have to transfer them from the saves
    And some pics of the WRX after this saturday hopefully !! *fingers crossed*

i'm not sure on the rules posting the ads but if someone wouldn't mind looking at this... I went to look at and get the car today but had a few worries. 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX (9,000/OBO) ... so driving the car the ride was nice and smooth, straight, responsive, however the exhaust was making noise, not the engine but the exhaust like a leak and I couldn't pinpoint where at. Also the new turbo, with the boost controller has been turned up to 19psi, I watched the boost when driving, it also has the STI pink injectors?? but the utec tuner isn't installed. Also the stock turbo is included with the car and didn't seem to have a lot of play or wear. It has a new radiator and a few things. The timing belt hasn't been replaced yet *yikes*, now the worse it seems to be very sluggish on the bottom end and has several codes. Throttle position sensor, o2 lean, gas cap isn't sealed shouldn't be major, and some other lean and turbo related codes I can't remember now. Gears in the tranny have been replaced with the upgraded ones. I just can't get over the sluggish feeling down low. I've driven my cousins wrx wagon with stock turbo and just slighly modded, downpipe and exhaust and slight boost increase and it pulls 3 times as hard as this. I'm just worried there could be something else wrong. Any ideas or would putting the tuner on and tuning it fix the issues.

Sounds like it hasnt been mapped or remapped for current mods / changes. But I could be wrong.

Sent from Note 2

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole

Word of advise: look at stock or close to stock wrx's. once you see turbo upgrades, turbo timers, aftermarket paint, etc. you're asking for a headache.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    I wouldn't touch that with a 10ft pole

Word of advise: look at stock or close to stock wrx's. once you see turbo upgrades, turbo timers, aftermarket paint, etc. you're asking for a headache.
    This^

Run away from that car.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Yea thanks for the input I think i'm gonna pass and keep looking, as low as it is I would probably spend that much or more in difference compared to the other cars price ranges fixing all the screw ups.

Good call! That thing is a potential money pit. He actually admitted that there was no engine management with all that hot mess under the hood?!
    - Will

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Good call! That thing is a potential money pit. He actually admitted that there was no engine management with all that hot mess under the hood?!
    Aside from that, I wouldn't even touch it because of the fugly paint job.

yea he said he tried to install the UTEC system .. and couldn't figure out how to hook it up right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.