I think its WRX time for this old dude ....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I think its WRX time for this old dude .... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 47 year old who's been a car nut his entire life. I've owned 3 Camaro's, 2 Chevelle's, Corvette, Mustang GT ...

I think its WRX time for this old dude ....

47 year old who's been a car nut his entire life. I've owned 3 Camaro's, 2 Chevelle's, Corvette, Mustang GT along with a host of other rides over the years. Motorcycles & music are also 2 things I'm very passionate about. I've had a motorcycle every year of my life for the last 42 straight years. I've rode mini-bikes, motocross, cruisers, crotch rockets, H-D's and now ride a AIH Texas Chopper.

I've recently decided to purchase myself a new vehicle and the WRX is on the short list, figured what better way to get the good and maybe the not so good than to hit a forum. So here I am........

looking forward to picking up all the info I can.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Are you looking into new or used?

Welcome.
    Just go ahead and browse. There's tons of stuff, good, bad and ugly. All walks of life are present. Sometimes people just show up to get help for problems they encounter, some (but not even close to majority) are into the tuning aspects, even if that impression comes to be. You'll find everything, from small issues to major blown-up motors and trannies. Also a bunch of off-the-wall stuff, photography, music-nuts, there's a motorbike sub-forum... Take a look around, that'll keep you busy for days, by then things have been added and you're starting to keep up with the things you're interested in. Have fun!
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Ray has a playmate!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

At this point I'm not really sure (new or used). I'm in westcenteral Ohio and dealer stock is pretty low with the '14 arriving in 5 months or so. I went to the dealer nearest me this morning to look at a '13 Satin White Limited sedan, not real sold on that color though. I currently have 2 black cars, and I'm also debating whether or not I want to deal with a 3rd, LOL. He tells me that they "dealership" rarely have used models. An '11 would be the oldest I'll go back to, I tend to keep cars for 10+ years. And you can get into a new one for a few thousand more than what folks want for a 2 year old model. This is the last new WRX within a good distance of me that I could locate.

I seem to be leaning towards SILVER, but even finding a WRX to go see within 75-100 miles of me is proving difficult. Let alone finding the color I want. I'm sure I could put the dealership to work finding me a specific color if need be....which is what's probably going to happen.

I also took my wife, she saw the Crosstrek, which then opened up another can of worms. I knew I should have left her at home.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPS View Post

I also took my wife, she saw the Crosstrek, which then opened up another can of worms. I knew I should have left her at home.
    Truth. You'll fit in great here.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Take your time looking. I had to work on my wife for almost 6 month, then the market was dry. Eventually found what I was looking for. You may find even 1-2 year old ones selling for or even over new price. If you have time it will come to you... especially if you keep it long, you want it right...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and best of luck on your purchase!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Welcome from a 56 year old Subaru fan, have owned 7, including a STI, currently on my 2nd WRX: a 2013 WRB Premium Sedan. I have sworn by Subarus in regards to all 7, never sworn @ them.

Have also been a fan of "muscle' cars...having owned 2 Chevelles, a Corvette, a Mach1 Mustang, a Cuda, and California Highway Pursuit cruiser with a 440 Magnum.

What ever you buy...enjoy!
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

Let me ask you dieharders this: At this point I'm really torn between the hatch and sedan. I have a Volvo wagon which I enjoy the fact that I can throw stuff in the back of, including our 80lb Boxer (dog). I realize the hatch isn't going to give me the room I have now, but for those that have them do you sometimes regret not having the sedan.

Also, and this is a "loaded" question, LOL ........ is the STI worth an extra $7g? For a guy thats put his Hot rodding days behind him (for the most part anyway). Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy speed every now and then. I have a Toyota 4 Runner Limited with some "go fast" goodies, including a TRD supercharger and Borla exhaust. Kinda thinking a COBB tune on the standard WRX will keep me satisfied? They have a Pro Tune shop in Columbus, OH which is only an hour or so away.

Welcome! You will not be disappointed . Get the STI or you will find yourself trading up in a year or so...
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

posted some pics of my scooter (motorcycle) in the Off Topic/Motorcycle Discussion forum: CHOPS: my 2004 Texas Chopper.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPS View Post
    Let me ask you dieharders this: At this point I'm really torn between the hatch and sedan.
    welcome. i personally love the hatches. i wouldnt step foot towards a sedan if i were getting a newer model. that's just my opinion though

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Hatches are great, and I have owned both.
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club

I have not ever once wished I got the sedan! Especially not when I was picking up a lawnmower (in the box) or wheelbarrow (fit with no disassembly). It is a bit too short for sleeping though.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast