I think its WRX time for this old dude .... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I think its WRX time for this old dude .... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I own a 2009 Sedan as for looks (my opinion) i like it more but i find my self once ...

I own a 2009 Sedan as for looks (my opinion) i like it more but i find my self once or twice a month wishing i had the hatch. A quick grocery trip fills my trunk, can't put the kids bikes in it and i don't know how man times i go to the store and buy a boxed item that doesn't fit by 2-3 inches which would drop right in a hatch with room to spare. Get the hatch!

As for the STi vs WRX... they both put down similar numbers to the wheels on a dyno (+- 10hp/tq) the graphs below are from the same dyno, different year cars but they have the same engines.

WRX as you know is a 5 speed STi 6 speed. the WRX has a softer ride, STi has a beefier transmission and better suspension. The WRX is quicker in the 1/4 due to the 5 speed and slightly lighter weight, but once you add a turn the STi is gone.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Or you could just wait for 2014 where there will no longer be a choice

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Or you could just wait for 2014 where there will no longer be a choice

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    YEP! I think they 2014's even if they tone them down for production will look great.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

I Support ClubWRX
    Howdy. I have a sedan, wish I had the hatch....have for 7 years.

Power wise the new wrxs are pretty nice, especially with an exhaust and tune. That being said if I was buying a new hatch, it'd be an STI.

The STIs in my year had a blue interior I couldn't get behind, a little extra power, a 6mt vs 5 and not much else.

The new Stis have awesome seats, better interior, more power, more refinement.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

The sedans are awesome! I didn't buy my 2013 Premium WRB Sedan to haul stuff (I have another Subaru hatch to do that). My 2013 rear seats do fold down if I need to haul small items ...both the sedan and hatch have the same great front view, showing off the hood scoop...IMHO...the exhaust of the hatch....looks like a Walmart muffler setup, using cheap materials, compared to the sedan exhaust. I wanted a 2013 hatch...but after comparing the 2013 Sedan and Hatch together, side by side and looking at the exhausts...I chose the sedan....I like the the addition of the exhaust diffuser that the hatch doesn't have: what ever you choose...enjoy!
    Last edited by pmacey; 04-07-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

I have the hatch, never once looked at the sedans, never once wished for one... The hatch is just fine, practical, and the mostly not needed extra space is available whenever needed.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

I have a hatch,love the hatch. Not a fan of sedans. You won't believe some of the things that fit in a hatch.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 04-08-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

In my useless little opinion, I think you will find that there are more sedan people that have hatch envy rather than the other way around. I never considered a sedan, either with my 2003 or my 2013.
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the fold! We have a number of old folks around, so you won't be lonely.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome fellow old dude! 51 here.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by WRXRayF View Post
    In my useless little opinion, I think you will find that there are more sedan people that have hatch envy rather than the other way around. I never considered a sedan, either with my 2003 or my 2013.
    As a sedan owner: No hatch envy @ all!...just my 5 cents: adjusted for inflation...

Only advice I can offer...go to your favorite SUBARU dealer...have them line up both a hatch and Sedan, hopefully both in the color of your choice, look @ form -vs-function that fits your life style and needs: drive both...then decide what is best for you...and you know what: you will have made the right decision!

IMHO: you will buy a WRX...and will never regret the pleasures of being a WRX owner!!!
    Last edited by pmacey; 04-08-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

THANK YOU all for the welcome's and the opinions...... greatly appreciated.

A few weeks ago I was 100% sure I wanted a hatch, then saturday I saw the "Limited" sedan in Satin White Pearl at the dealer closest to me and started backtracking a bit, LOL!. Stickered at $30,145 and then the wheels start turning, do I want a sedan instead. ALOT of that had to do with the fact that there are VERY FEW '13's left anywhere within 100 miles of me. I will say the salesman never pressured me a bit about "putting me in it today", like you get at some dealers. Reading some reviews about this particular dealership, folks travel from other states to buy from them. They're the 13th oldest SUBARU dealer in the U.S. and only have 2 salesman ... small mom & pop dealer ... which is COOL in my book. I've been to a couple other Subie dealers and I can assure you, if I purcharse a WRX ... I WILL buy from these guys. Just one of those gut feelings you get. PLUS, they have worked with COBB Tuning in Columbus directly.

Chris (salesman) even told me I may want to wait for news on the '14's. He couldn't tell me anything as of yet as far as when they would start taking orders, or even have a price listing.

'OH the decisions ............

I Support ClubWRX
    In 43 years of driving, I've never had a sedan, nor do I ever plan getting one. I've had wagons and hatches, and the occasional roadster or pickup. Sedans are boring.

BTW, your Harley isn't a scooter, unless you happen to have a Topper

From your friendly Vespa guy.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, the sedan versus wagon/hatch debate has been going on here for over 10 years, and I suspect it will not be resolved in this thread.

With that in mind, as admin I hereby officially proclaim that wagons are best. /debate
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I've had hatches, wagons, and jeep suv's. I have a sedan now and love it!

Oh and another old timer here also.. 56 and counting..
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast