06 BMW 3er to 13 WRX WRB
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 BMW 3er to 13 WRX WRB within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi New Subiee owner here. It's a 2013 WRX hatch or wagon? Lol my insurance says wagon. About 3 weeks ...

06 BMW 3er to 13 WRX WRB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	113135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	113136Hi
    New Subiee owner here. It's a 2013 WRX hatch or wagon? Lol my insurance says wagon.

About 3 weeks ago I sold my BMW. It was a 06 325i 6spd ZHP with way too many miles on it. It was my daily commuter to school and back (70miles) and weekend back road hugger. I hope she's in a better place now lol.

Anyway, I picked up the wrx after countless test drives a week later. First impressions were booooost lol. I loved the wide body, the utility, the awd, and the boooost. The color was between wrx and the black. They had the blue in stock so I went with it and don't regret it - it looks awesome.

I'll admit it's a bit difficult going from German to Japanese. The bimmer had a dms flywheel which makes it easier to be smoother as far as clutch goes. The 1st to 2nd is a learning curve lol. I'm still breaking it in (500 miles) to go.

My first major mods I plan are catless dp with Cobb ap. I gotta get rid of this shift knob too lol.

I hope all goes well with this car. It's the first I've had brand new. I'm from the westchester area in NY btw

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Congrats and welcome!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Grats and welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations.

Westchester in NY sounds like a kewl place
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Haha I'm always in Yonkers too. My schools very close. I'll keep a lookout for your car.

Thanks!

The 1st to 2nd is will be fixed as soon as you (if you decide) go stage 1. Shifting is smoother, red lines higher holds more boost, and believe it or not get better gas mpg (I travel anywhere from 500 to 1500 miles a month). So I could tell a huge difference.

The tune makes your wrx better period. It's like a brand new car. Best 250$ I've ever spent.

Sent from my GS3

congrats! and ^^^ stage one will smooth out your power band however i noticed with Cobb stage 1 i get worse gas mileage, however it may be attributed to having a heavy right foot.

I know a guys who open source tunes me from Florida. It's pretty cool actually. Initially it's 250 then just re tunes for other mods, intake, dp, I usually just tip him a Meer 20$. Great guy, makes his own maps.

Sent from my GS3

I haven't been anywhere near redline yet lol however, I will def get a tune. Your connect from Florida sounds like he has great pricing but I need something versatile that can be switched from stock to map #. The Cobb AP has my eye.
    Thanks for your input

The only downside to Cobb ap. Is that there isn't a map specific to a cai. Our so I've herd.

Sent from my GS3

Quote Originally Posted by SDub View Post
    The only downside to Cobb ap. Is that there isn't a map specific to a cai. Our so I've herd.

Sent from my GS3
    You "heard" wrong. A little research goes a long way......
    Cobb makes maps for their intake as well as the aem cai. Perrin modifies cobbs Map for their intake if you buy it from them. And TP has OTS accessport maps for basically any intake you want.
    Google is your friend
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Well I specifically remember reading on this forum somewhere that a certain combo of mods, Cobb doesn't make a map for.

Furthermore why would I "google" or research something I have no use for. As I've said in my previous post, maybe you didn't bother to read, I am open source.

Sent from my GS3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.