2013 Silver WRX Hatch..new to the Subaru world
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 Silver WRX Hatch..new to the Subaru world within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all! Just bought a 2013 silver wrx hatch...I actually dont have it yet since it is being shipped over ...

2013 Silver WRX Hatch..new to the Subaru world

Hey all! Just bought a 2013 silver wrx hatch...I actually dont have it yet since it is being shipped over from japan, but I have been doing a lot of research about the car and already have been looking at buying parts and doing a few mods right away. I came from an honda accord that was in a few magazines, so driving a complete stock car is not going to work for me. I am excited about being apart of the forum though, seems like there is alot of great information on here.

So far I will be upgrading the headlights to blackhouse w/HID's, tinting the tail lights red and adding mudflaps. Hoping to get the accessport and cobb intake as well. I would like to do some more research on the stage 1 parts and what is involved in upgrading to a accessport. I noticed some poeple said they do logging for the accessport, like doing 3rd gear pulls...is this always required or is it only for people trying to tune it by them selves. I thought it was just a plug in play, with maps already uploaded?

Any insight would be great. Thanks!

Also included a few pictures of the car I came from, to make this thread worthwhile haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!! accessport is indeed plug and play. You have different "maps" to choose from, that are already included in the accessport. the first map shows that the AP will tune your stock wrx, the second and recommended by AP is a Cobb SF cold air intake. I am running stage 1 with just the AP and Cobb SF cold air. Cobb sf sounds good, lets me hear my turbo spool much louder and i can hear my engine clearer. your accessport has more maps that will work with a downpipe, aftermarket intercooler etc etc.. Highly recommend getting the cobb sf and AP for a first modification. although if you don't have an aftermarket exhaust you might want to look into one.

AP lets your record 0-60, 1/4 mile, fuel economy, boost and a whole lot of other stuff

The Accessport is "plug and play," which is precisely why a lot of the senior members here would recommend logging. The maps are made to try and be a one-size-fits-all, but different cars react differently. So what may be perfectly fine on my car may not on yours. Could you just flash it and forget it? Sure, but if it were my car I would want to make sure it is running well. Coming from the honda world myself, these cars are a lot more finnicky when it comes to engine mods.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I plan on getting the accessport and cobb intake right away with a nameless axle back, to unleash the rumble.

How much of a Hp increase have you guys seen from stage one? I thought I read it was like 16% hp and tq, but that may have been figures for an sti.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoob1318 View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I plan on getting the accessport and cobb intake right away with a nameless axle back, to unleash the rumble.

How much of a Hp increase have you guys seen from stage one? I thought I read it was like 16% hp and tq, but that may have been figures for an sti.
    I believe that Cobb lists projected gains for the various maps on their site somewhere.
    - Will

Just ordered my accessport! I'm going to be stockpiling parts for the car before I even have it

Would you guys recommend installing the AP after the first oil change at 7500 or just do it after the 1000 break in?

AP

Would you guys recommend installing the AP after the first oil change at 7500 or just do it after the 1000 break in?
    You don't need to wait until 7500. 1000 should be fine but if your really worried about it just wait until 1500. Even though AP is the best thing for your car, helping your gas mileage and it keeps your rpm low to help you shift easier therefore the whole breaking the clutch in process would go smoother. IMO

^indeed minus the gas mileage :P you get heavy foot syndrome, especially with the intake. love the swoosh :P

Quote Originally Posted by hatchaintwack View Post
    You don't need to wait until 7500. 1000 should be fine but if your really worried about it just wait until 1500. Even though AP is the best thing for your car, helping your gas mileage and it keeps your rpm low to help you shift easier therefore the whole breaking the clutch in process would go smoother. IMO
    Okay awesome. I guess my only fear was the ring land failure these cars can have surprising with very low miles, and SOA not covering the new engine because of the AP

Okay awesome. I guess my only fear was the ring land failure these cars can have surprising with very low miles, and SOA not covering the new engine because of the AP
    If you're worried, then just wait longer. It is possible, I didn't go stage 1 until over 15k!
    - Will

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.