Can't get an answer in the exterior forum.

This is a discussion on Can't get an answer in the exterior forum. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have an '11 wrx with b.s bulbs. The so-called halogens(when I flip the lights on)look slightly better than the ...

Can't get an answer in the exterior forum.

I have an '11 wrx with b.s bulbs. The so-called halogens(when I flip the lights on)look slightly better than the "tarter yellow" daytime running lights buts I am in desperate need of a brighter, whiter light set. I haven't purchased an access port yet and am wondering if I can safely remove the factory set without setting off computer errors and also what is recommended to replace them. My budget is $400. Help me find something better and brighter that will last. Thx
    '11 WRX
    Drive and determination.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also, can I go around the car and swap her nasty bulbs i.e, the tails, reverse, turn signals, and interior bulbs without creating errors? Any and all info is greatly appreciated.
    '11 WRX
    Drive and determination.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't really understand the question here. You can always swap out bulbs for other bulbs of the same specifications without causing problems. In fact, it's a pretty standard thing to put better headlight bulbs in than what came from the factory. You can do an H11 to H9 conversion by modifying some new bulbs to fit your connector, but I'd just try out some better bulbs first.

The car doesn't give a **** if your lights work, it let's you know if a blinker went out, otherwise you're the one that needs to care and do your part in maintaining it.

NO HID'S unless you're doing a complete retrofit. Also, no LED bull****.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Also, no LED bull****.
    why? in december i swapped out several of my OEM lights for LED's including my reverse lights. they work great, are bright, and fairly inexpensive.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    why? in december i swapped out several of my OEM lights for LED's including my reverse lights. they work great, are bright, and fairly inexpensive.
    There's a growing trend of people putting LEDs in their foglights. For ancillary lights like turn signals or license plate lights, fine, but aftermarket LEDs do not belong in lights requiring a focused beam.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info

desiree

There's nothing wrong with H.I.Ds. Just don't be that *** that purposely ges as bright as they can and focuses the beam up more to blind people. They're bright enough even wth 35 watts. Don't go any higher than 8000k either because you start losing visible light....even at 8000k.
    Same with L.E.Ds. They are brighter...even look better...but not for bulbs that actually focus a beam so you can see like Rambo said. L.E.Ds won' cut it at that point.
    But this will all come down to what you want. It's all just preferance basically. It's your car, do what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    There's nothing wrong with H.I.Ds. Just don't be that *** that purposely ges as bright as they can and focuses the beam up more to blind people.
    The majow cause of blinding HIDs is when people don't do a full retrofit and instead put HID bulbs in a stock reflector housing. That's what Cody was referring to.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    The majow cause of blinding HIDs is when people don't do a full retrofit and instead put HID bulbs in a stock reflector housing. That's what Cody was referring to.
    ya that's true. I hate that....light goes everywhere -__-

Damn! You quoted my spelling error, forever preserving it! Guess I'll just have to petition Merriam Webster to make "Majow" a word now...
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

lol now I know you weren't messing around

Hey thanks for the responses. My sales guy made it seem like if I didnt have an access port I couldn't modify anything but suspension parts. So I can swap out all my lights to include daytimes, turn sigs, and regular lights?... Kool. I'm definitely gonna run 6000k h.i.d's; no prob. Hate bright lights.
    '11 WRX
    Drive and determination.

What the heck would lights have to do with the ECU?

$400, you could be within budget for a good HID retrofit. That'd solve your problems. Look up Lightwerkz or Theretrofitsource.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Mikie he's saying his sales guy was basically saying that if you aren't doing performance mods or suspension, there's nothing else to modify

desiree

Just don't go to bright, lest you end up one of those tools who look like their driving around with their high beams on pissing everyone in the oncoming lane off. A blind driver who cant see you is more dangerous than a driver who sees your stock headlights