IS THIS LEGIT? STI SHORT SHIFTER FOR WRX 11+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

This is a discussion on IS THIS LEGIT? STI SHORT SHIFTER FOR WRX 11+ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru Factory STI Short Throw Shifter Impreza and Legacy 5MT | eBay Does anyone of y'all purchase this item from ...

  1. #1
    Registered User S3XCWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hyattsville, MD
    Posts
    113

    IS THIS LEGIT? STI SHORT SHIFTER FOR WRX 11+

    Subaru Factory STI Short Throw Shifter Impreza and Legacy 5MT | eBay

    Does anyone of y'all purchase this item from 'em?
    '13 WR BLUE SEDAN WRX

    WORK HARD STAY HUMBLE.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    8,150
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    They have a good seller rating.. but that seems damn expensive to me.

  4. #3
    Registered User S3XCWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hyattsville, MD
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    They have a good seller rating.. but that seems damn expensive to me.
    That's the best price i've found. FASTWRX price is $295 + shipping
    '13 WR BLUE SEDAN WRX

    WORK HARD STAY HUMBLE.

  5. #4
    Registered User Doyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northeastern Oklahoma
    Posts
    56
    That's about what I paid as a add on when I bough my car.
    2013 WRX SWP Sedan 1600 miles!

  6. #5
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    8,150
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would just pick up a Kartboy short shifter for $90.. but I guess if the linkage is that important to you then go for it.

  7. #6
    Registered User S3XCWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hyattsville, MD
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyen View Post
    That's about what I paid as a add on when I bough my car.
    I should've told them when i ordered mine :/ i was planning to get the kartboy coz its inexpensive but when i drove my friends rex w/ kartboy ss... it sucks :/ excuse my language.
    '13 WR BLUE SEDAN WRX

    WORK HARD STAY HUMBLE.

  8. #7
    Registered User S3XCWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hyattsville, MD
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I would just pick up a Kartboy short shifter for $90.. but I guess if the linkage is that important to you then go for it.
    I had a bad experienced w/ kartboy ss... I think it depends how u install them right?
    '13 WR BLUE SEDAN WRX

    WORK HARD STAY HUMBLE.

  9. #8
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    8,150
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Well you certainly want to get all new shifter bushings, which ever shifter you go with. Bushings make more a positive difference in feel than the shifter itself.

  10. #9
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Rambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    4,925
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by S3XCWRX View Post
    I had a bad experienced w/ kartboy ss... I think it depends how u install them right?
    You could always get the Cobb shifter, which lets you separately adjust both the knob height and the throw. Can't do either of those things with the Kartboy shifter. At $135, it's still far cheaper than the STI shifter, but feels the same to me. What was your bad experience with the Kartboy?

    My bugeye had shifter bushings front and rear, plus a Cobb shifter. For the way I drive, it felt comparable to the 3G WRX I drove with the STI SS shifter. YMMV...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

    The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

  11. #10
    Registered User S3XCWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hyattsville, MD
    Posts
    113
    I talked to him last night and he said, he doesn't have f/r bushings. I think thats the reason why it feels weird.
    '13 WR BLUE SEDAN WRX

    WORK HARD STAY HUMBLE.

  12. #11
    Registered User S3XCWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hyattsville, MD
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    You could always get the Cobb shifter, which lets you separately adjust both the knob height and the throw. Can't do either of those things with the Kartboy shifter. At $135, it's still far cheaper than the STI shifter, but feels the same to me. What was your bad experience with the Kartboy?

    My bugeye had shifter bushings front and rear, plus a Cobb shifter. For the way I drive, it felt comparable to the 3G WRX I drove with the STI SS shifter. YMMV...
    Its hard to shift the gears, and it rattles really bad.
    '13 WR BLUE SEDAN WRX

    WORK HARD STAY HUMBLE.

  13. #12
    Registered User kprugbyplaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by S3XCWRX View Post
    Subaru Factory STI Short Throw Shifter Impreza and Legacy 5MT | eBay

    Does anyone of y'all purchase this item from 'em?


    Hey,

    Take a look at this thread

    Cobb s/s and bushings vs. Kartboy s/s and bushings
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

  14. #13
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    8,150
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by S3XCWRX View Post
    Its hard to shift the gears, and it rattles really bad.

    If it rattles ANY, then it was not propperly installed.

  15. #14
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,770
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    If it rattles ANY, then it was not propperly installed.
    Mine rattles...and it was installed properly. But I think it's the reverse collar assembly or the shift knob cause when I hold on to it...the rattling stops.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

  16. #15
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    8,150
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Mine rattles...and it was installed properly. But I think it's the reverse collar assembly or the shift knob cause when I hold on to it...the rattling stops.


    There shouldn't be anything loose after a short shifter install, unless something is damaged or not torqued properly. Although if you have a universal fit shift knob rather than one that is properly threaded to screw onto the lever, then I would expect it to rattle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •