IS THIS LEGIT? STI SHORT SHIFTER FOR WRX 11+ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on IS THIS LEGIT? STI SHORT SHIFTER FOR WRX 11+ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nope...Lathewerks knob...I'll probably take it apart this weekend to look since I'm doing maintenance on Sunday....

Nope...Lathewerks knob...I'll probably take it apart this weekend to look since I'm doing maintenance on Sunday.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

+1 on the kartboy. I have the factory sti ss. It came port installed in my car. That makes the shifts barely acceptable for a truck. Let alone a performance car. I dunno how bad it is stock stock but I must be terribly long vague shifts.

I just installed a kartboy ss and bushings and let me tell you it's worth the $155 they charge for the package. Makes the shifts short enough to be noticed but not to short. And the bushing make everything nice and crisp feeling.

Don't spend the money on the sti ss if you don't already have it. Just get a kartboy.

I think i will go for Cobb SS w/ f/r bushings coz i like the idea of adjusting the height.
    '13 WR BLUE SEDAN WRX

WORK HARD STAY HUMBLE.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    +1 on the kartboy. I have the factory sti ss. It came port installed in my car. That makes the shifts barely acceptable for a truck. Let alone a performance car. I dunno how bad it is stock stock but I must be terribly long vague shifts.
    You think so? I didn't think that at all. While I agree the Kartboy is a far most cost effective option if your car only has the standard linkage, if my car came with the STI shifter, I probably would leave it alone, aside from bushings. Bushings should be done no matter what you have, though.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12