The noob
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on The noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys Names francisco just went from my 2012 speed3 to a 2011 wrx im digging the awd and the ...

Cool The noob

Hey guys Names francisco just went from my 2012 speed3 to a 2011 wrx im digging the awd and the overall car in general im a mazda guy totally new to subarus before my genpu speed i had a genwon 2008 anyways plans for the wrx so far from my local wrx guys have told me im going 3 inch exhaust downpipe intake and AP the thing thats been bothering me the most and all my mazda guys and subi friends tell me thats interesting is when i picked up the car its on 18psi is what my mechanical boost gauge is reading...the car is completley stock from what i can tell other than have the perrin license plate delete on the front if anyone has insight on that one let me know haha!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-03-20_09.01.32.jpg   2013-03-20_09.01.43.jpg   2013-03-21_14.03.48.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

If the gauge is accurate, it wouldn't surprise me if the ECU has been reflashed.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Red subies FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Welcome

If the gauge is accurate, it wouldn't surprise me if the ECU has been reflashed.
    Yeah i also agree everyone thinks its on stage 2 tune on 18psi when i ran my best friends speed6 last night shes on 22psi and i pulled on her by maybe a car and a half or more granted the speed6 is a boat but still

Quote Originally Posted by free2be4ever7 View Post
    Red subies FTW!!!
    HAHA i love the red!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp33dy
    Yeah i also agree everyone thinks its on stage 2 tune on 18psi
    There's something going on that has it hitting 4.5 PSI over stock...

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    If you were on stage 2 tune you would have an aftermarket downpipe. If you are on a stage 2 tune with no downpipe that is not good. Do you know the previous owner? Might ask them, I am assuming you already did, but could be worth a try. Any of your other friends drive a similar year vehicle? Is the boost guage SPT or another brand? If it is another brand, that could be another indication that the car has been modified. IDK, but just the fact that it has a perrin license plate delete makes me wonder what else it has or had!!! Either way, sharp looking ride and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    If you were on stage 2 tune you would have an aftermarket downpipe. If you are on a stage 2 tune with no downpipe that is not good. Do you know the previous owner? Might ask them, I am assuming you already did, but could be worth a try. Any of your other friends drive a similar year vehicle? Is the boost guage SPT or another brand? If it is another brand, that could be another indication that the car has been modified. IDK, but just the fact that it has a perrin license plate delete makes me wonder what else it has or had!!! Either way, sharp looking ride and welcome!
    No i dont know the previous owners its my own personal boost gauge installed maybe its reading wrong because it is digital and living at 6000ft sometimes there off... But all my subi buddies have told me that it definitley feels 18psi lol its getting 3 inch cat back straight pipe here this week and then im goona pick up the AP after that im goona get the downpipe and intake. but thanks man i looked at the downpipe it looks stock to me also i have massive turbo lag in like 1st 2nd and 3rd gear turbo doesnt spool till about 3200k idk if thats normal or not again friends said its more of a reason to think its on a tune

Quote Originally Posted by Sp33dy View Post
    No i dont know the previous owners its my own personal boost gauge installed maybe its reading wrong because it is digital and living at 6000ft sometimes there off... But all my subi buddies have told me that it definitley feels 18psi lol its getting 3 inch cat back straight pipe here this week and then im goona pick up the AP after that im goona get the downpipe and intake. but thanks man i looked at the downpipe it looks stock to me also i have massive turbo lag in like 1st 2nd and 3rd gear turbo doesnt spool till about 3200k idk if thats normal or not again friends said its more of a reason to think its on a tune
    Are you planning on using the AP to flash a tune? (In other words, you aren't getting a protune?) If so, get that before the exhaust, if you can't get them both at the same time.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Are you planning on using the AP to flash a tune? (In other words, you aren't getting a protune?) If so, get that before the exhaust, if you can't get them both at the same time.
    Ok this is where the debate starts with everyone in my group especially me coming from a speed3 where AP was absoulutley necassary so you wouldnt blow your **** up whats yall opinion over open source vs AP?

Ok this is where the debate starts with everyone in my group especially me coming from a speed3 where AP was absoulutley necassary so you wouldnt blow your **** up whats yall opinion over open source vs AP?
    Cobb AP vs OpenECU (Tactrix/Romraider/ECUFlash)

And you don't want to put a TBE on your car without the ability to also put an appropriate tune on. If you can't get the exhaust and some form of tuning at the same time, get the tuning first.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

welcome!
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome. Good to see another red Subaru.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah i also agree everyone thinks its on stage 2 tune on 18psi when i ran my best friends speed6 last night shes on 22psi and i pulled on her by maybe a car and a half or more granted the speed6 is a boat but still
    So? My wife's MS3 is tuned to 21 PSI; my WRX (was) tuned to 21 PSI. My WRX easily outran her MS3 in a line. The MZR motors use KKK K04 turbos, which are relatively small, but achieve peak boost much quicker. Peak boost has little indication of direct power output.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax
    So? My wife's MS3 is tuned to 21 PSI; my WRX (was) tuned to 21 PSI. My WRX easily outran her MS3 in a line. The MZR motors use KKK K04 turbos, which are relatively small, but achieve peak boost much quicker. Peak boost has little indication of direct power output.
    Morgan interested in a WTF tune?

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.