Buying a wrx, need some clarification please. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Buying a wrx, need some clarification please. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tried usaa since I have been with them for 12 years now. They declined my app because they would not ...

Tried usaa since I have been with them for 12 years now. They declined my app because they would not let me combine my wife and I's income without her being on the loan.

Great tips mf645. I looked up pricing at edmunds. My trade in is what is screwing me. It's worth 17k trade in, and we owe 21k on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Since your 4k upside down, your really best off keeping the current car until your in a better position. Othrwise your paying $4,000 toward your old car even though you don't have it anymore

I'm guessing you are military and as another military member i'm telling you that you just need to hold on with what you have... will you probably not.

USAA sucks with loans, I have great credit and they always seems to be high and don't want to give me the amount i ask for.

NFCU is the way to go... Apply with them and they will approve you for a certain amount lets say 35K they will mail you a check that says you can spend up to that amount.

Go to the dealer and don't mention the trade at all... your first step is to get the car you want at or below MSRP. After that show them the trade do your best to have them pay off the trade or as close as they can to it. Never mention you have a check in your pocket, let them think you will get the loan with them but your main goal is to get what you want at this moment. once they agree, and you agree on the price of the car and what they give you on trade let them see if they can beat the NFCU rate if they can't just say N/M i'll just pay with this... and hand them the check. At this point they will either take the check or they will cut the crap because they want the loan (more money for them) and beat the NFCU rate. I have done this for the past 10 years and i always get a decent deal.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

^ see above. The dealer is NOT your friend, no matter how friendly they seem. YOU have to know what the car you're looking at costs. As said above, let them beat the NFCU rate. If they do, fine. Otherwise go with NFCU. You have to go into this as an informed customer and might be better off selling you current car privately. Get informed first, then go dealing with the dealer, and always remember they want to make maximum gains, no matter what the deal is actually worth. And especially beware on any "only right now" deals - they are trying to trap you.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Thanks for the advice. I tried nfcu but I have been out of the military too long, to become a member.

I went to the dealer that a member on here recommended. I worked with the same salesman as him, and got the car a little over invoice as well as my negative equity from my trade put on.

Ingo, I love your avatar. Haha.

I was given that avatar for loosing the bet on who'd win superbowl. I leave it (for now) as a badge-of-honor...
    Last edited by Ingo; 03-31-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12