New guy New WRX

This is a discussion on New guy New WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, picked up my first 2013 WRX limited. Bone stock right now except for a 35% tint. Im new ...

Talking New guy New WRX

Hey guys, picked up my first 2013 WRX limited. Bone stock right now except for a 35% tint. Im new to moding but ive already got the bug and im having a hard time forcing myself not to go broke. I plan on a rear sway bar, cobb AP, short ram intake, and exhaust.. In that order, and not all at once.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Fun fun, congtrats on the new whip!

Great username! (check my avatar)

Awesome man, congrats! I just got my '13 WRX sedan earlier this month and my first parts just came in today (installing tomorrow). Went with F&R sways w/Rear Sway Mount Support Brace, Endlinks, lowering springs, and licence plate delete. Also installed OEM fogs and painted wheels gold. Decided to go suspension first and then stage 2 later. Not to sound like a fortune cookie but you have lots of enjoyment awaiting you!

Congrats and welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

im kinda noob too, but personally i would suggest a cold air intake and not a short ram. a sort ram intake is a hot air intake. cold air is better i think

Quote Originally Posted by Motoxdude6 View Post
    im kinda noob too, but personally i would suggest a cold air intake and not a short ram. a sort ram intake is a hot air intake. cold air is better i think
    +1

Get a cobb sf cold air intake because that is what your AP is going to recommend stage 1, connect your access port. And smile...alot. Just put my AP in yesterday and i feel as if it were the second best purchase I've ever made, the first being my car of course.

I would do a cobb sf first because it is easy to install, you can do it yourself, you'll be able to hear your engine more, and overall you'll feel better because you did something to your car personally. Same with AP, just plugs right in. Sway bars are nice but your car already handles like a champ. not that you shouldn't get them in the future. Hope this helps! and welcome!