Pre-Cobb access port mods

This is a discussion on Pre-Cobb access port mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, just wondering what mods I can do on an '11 wrx without needing a Cobb access port. It's ...

Pre-Cobb access port mods

Hey all, just wondering what mods I can do on an '11 wrx without needing a Cobb access port. It's on then list of things to get, trust me, but that won't be for another month or two(bills n junk). I know I'm going to grab a front tower brace and maybe a different color trunk emblem. What do y'all recommend? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Swaybars/endlinks. Will change the way you corner for a pretty good price. There's also Torque Performance, their staged maps are around 100ish or less and people have been happier with those results.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

Kool. Which do you prefer/ recommend?

Whiteline sway bars/ Kartboy endlinks.
    Torqued Performance map. you will need some sort of obd2 cable to flash your ecu using ECUFlash.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

Suspension + brakes + tires (depends on location) is what I have learned to be the best starting modifications to your car. Not only is suspension and brakes super effective but the price is amazing.

Suspension as in F/R Sways and endlinks. I would do both at the same time as a "one package deal." BUT if you are really tight on money, then do front ones first and then save up for the rear.

Brakes (lines, pads, fluid)- also another cost effective modification that greatly improves your car. Also installing them is fairly easy. There are videos on how to install the lines and pads.

Tires- depending on where you live. I would recommend good set of winter tires to go with your car. Even if your location does not get much snow, temperatures effect your tires. The colder it is outside, the harder your tires will get. I have also noticed that going around 70mph on a highway when its below 50 degrees, your steering wheel tends to shake since the tires are harder than normal.

Safety is KEY in terms of modification. So be safe first.

For sways, I woud not go above 22mm on the rear if you are running stock springs. Keep it simple and run 24mm in the front and 22mm in the rear.

Whitelines/Kartboys are good
    so are Perrins. ( i believe they are still having some sort of sale)
    - you can use this PROMO code for Perrins, not sure if its still valid. but try it out (WR10BR)

If you want the loudness, you can get a CBE and that does not require a tune.

Follow the link in my signature page. You will stumble across some really good information

I hope that helped. Let us know which route you take and upload pictures.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Hey fellas, thx a lot.

Access port for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Pozito View Post
    Hey fellas, thx a lot.
    When you have the money I have a brand new access port never married never plugged up.. If interest email me at ecooper91@gmail.com

- picked mine up last week kinda wanna enjoy the car completely before taking this step.. Will upgrade to a cutback exhaust as my first step.. Let me kno

short shifter? I've only heard good things about Karboy's STS & bushings.. I am still waiting for it to be nice out to mine in.
    Subaru WRX 2011 Spark Silver Metallic