Newbie with some questions! :D

This is a discussion on Newbie with some questions! :D within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone! I'm new here and was hoping you guys might be able to help me out. So I have ...

Question Newbie with some questions! :D

Hey everyone! I'm new here and was hoping you guys might be able to help me out. So I have a 2011 WRX sedan and I have the Perrin DP, Invidia Q300 catback, as well the Cobb AP. I'm going to be looking at getting an intake next like either the AEM or Perrin, but I don't feel like I've learned enough about cars/tuning in general to really make solid decisions next. What do you guys think my next mods should be and how do I go about getting a specific tune for my car with my AP?

Thanks for your time everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If by "specific tune" you mean you want a totally custom tune, you would need to find a tuner near you that is reputable. Some tuners use the AP to tune, some don't. I would worry about finding a good shop first, then worry about whether they use the AP second. If they don't, you can always sell it for most of your money back.

I have no advice for tuning shops in Hawaii though.

If you don't have access to a local tuner, there are etunes you can buy that would support that level of modifications. They won't be quite as good as a protune, but they will be pretty good.

You might even be able to use Cobb's stage 2 map that is preloaded on your AP, but I believe they only have a map that supports the AEM, not the Perrin, intake. Read the notes.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"