brake lights and gauges stay on

This is a discussion on brake lights and gauges stay on within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've had my wrx for about a month now and have had no issues. Its an 06 wrx wagon. But ...

brake lights and gauges stay on

I've had my wrx for about a month now and have had no issues. Its an 06 wrx wagon. But today I noticed it looked like the brake lights were lit up. Sure enough they were. Checked to see where the headlights were set at. Off. But noticed that my boost gauge and egt gauge were also both illuminated. No clue why. Brake pedal is not stuck down and the light toggle is in the off position. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    press the button on top of your steering column

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I've done that before

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys or I guess I should say gal. I feel pretty darn stupid for not knowing that switch existed but four accords as my previous cars and they didn't have anything similar to that at all.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Don't feel stupid at all. Believe me when I tell you that pretty much every Subaru owner has done it at some point in time!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

At least, unlike someone I could shake a shtick at, you didn't go taking the car apart for not getting the windshield washer going when pulling the switch lever...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

That's why I'm glad things like this exist. No matter howlow tech or advanced the question. Someone will. Give you input.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    At least, unlike someone I could shake a shtick at, you didn't go taking the car apart for not getting the windshield washer going when pulling the switch lever...
    I called the dealership and was very concerned I was going to get someone in trouble for not filling up the washer fluid tank.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I called the dealership and was very concerned I was going to get someone in trouble for not filling up the washer fluid tank.
    I actually took my car to the local dealer twice for this! Even sent a picture of me filling up the wiper fluid to the guy at a different dealer where I bought the car from and said, "wtf am I doing this for? It should've already been filled!!" come to find out, it was already full. Took it to the dealer, they worked on it, I pulled the lever, STILL NOTHING. Called the dealer back and told them their guys were cutting corners on my car. So I took it in again, the mechanic got in it and showed me how to correctly work it... Needles to say, I felt dumb... REALLY dumb, specially since I called and complained. Said sorry and tipped the guy $20 lol

I spent the entire afternoon. Took the car apart all the way to the steering column. Checked with tester. Had the switch out and found it didn't even make contact. Then found another connection at the switch that made contact, when you push the button at the end. Then I checked the manual and put the car back together... At least I didn't get at someone else or spend money on it... Of course felt like DUMBA$$... Though I did learn at lot about the wiring in my car.

PS I think that original problem was meant as some kind of parking light, not really sure what caused that silly construct...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?