Newbie in El Paso

This is a discussion on Newbie in El Paso within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, Just brought home an '11 wrx. Hope to gain a lot of insight and info from you guys ...

Newbie in El Paso

Hey all,

Just brought home an '11 wrx. Hope to gain a lot of insight and info from you guys and gals out there. The first thing the parts manager told me to do was get a Cobb access port module before I start tuning. I'm focusing on power and visuals. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey welcome! I'm in El Paso too, and we have a local forum ( http://epawd.forumotion.com/ ), not a lot of action there, also there are a few local Facebook pages (can't link from the phone ap). Also, if you have need of parts, I have a few still around from my 2011 WRX's build, including an AccessPort, check out my FS thread here or on EPAWD, username is the same everywhere. And if you need help, some of us here (El Paso) are helpful.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Kool bro. Yeah the guy at the Suby dealership was tellin me that before I start modifying the wrx I would need a Cobb accessport but I heard those are only compatible with the first car they are attached to. I want to get one but are they really $600 and some change?

That guy at the dealership lied then; as long as you uninstall/unmarry the AP it's all good. Used is going to be your best option, as yeah, they are something like $595 new.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Oh ok. Thx

The cobb is good for a bass line open source is the only way to go tho

Really think about what you want to get out of the car if your looking for just a little more get up and go the cobb is great once you start going with bigger turbos and intercooler and injectors and pumps and all the fun stuff its time for open source tuning.