Fresh meat - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Fresh meat within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by michaelwfox Welcome!! Your first car was an SHO!? That is pretty cool. Yeah, it was a local ...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Welcome!! Your first car was an SHO!? That is pretty cool.
    Yeah, it was a local purchase even. A guy was selling it because he never drove it. Bought it in 2006 with 104,000 0.o... That thing was an absolute beast. Lasted forever until I gave it to my brother and he collided with an Aztec and lost lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Got the new wheels on, and there is some serious wobble :-/ gotta go back tomorrow and get me balanced and whatever.

Update: ended up getting the xxr 522's but two of them were completely f*^ked. Ordered from NLMotoring.com and they have explained they won't return them, but I can get replacements. I want nothing to do with these wheels anymore.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365138072.255442.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	113137

Took car into discount tire 5 times for balancing, and rotations, and finally to a Subaru dealership who figured the wheels were casted wrong.

Really sucks cause I liked the look.

I miss my speed6....until I get into the WRX! Though I knew that engine up and down but mostly cause I had to do something to it ever other weekend. The best thing for that car was a new turbo and HPFP and your engine blowing worries would be over. I never made it that far, it decided to set it self on fire!! Oh well it helped me get into the WRX so it worked out in the end.

Sucks about the rims, I just ordered some from discount tire hopefully I have better luck with them.

That sucks, they do look good.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I totally hear you on the speed 6. I loved that car, but it was getting high on miles, and I had to make a choice. :-/

I Support ClubWRX
    If the wheels were casted wrong then that falls on the manufacturer. Might be more hassle than it's worth but, have you contacted XXR directly?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Welcome, good to see some familiar hills in the background. There are plenty of meetups from folks on ClubWRX, pay attention to the regional forums for drives and get togethers.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Welcome, good to see some familiar hills in the background. There are plenty of meetups from folks on ClubWRX, pay attention to the regional forums for drives and get togethers.
    Will do for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    If the wheels were casted wrong then that falls on the manufacturer. Might be more hassle than it's worth but, have you contacted XXR directly?
    I contacted XXR (ensure wheels) and they explained that they will be the final piece to the puzzle obviously, but that I have to go through NLMotoring. And NLMotoring said that since I mounted the tires, I could no longer return them. My logic is that there was no way I would have known they were cast wrong just by looking at them. I had them professionally installed, mounted and balanced. I did everything I could to avoid the problem in the first place.

I decided to dispute the charge on my credit card, and have decided to return them anyways. Very disappointed with NLMotoring. Very happy with discount tire and GO Subaru in Denver though. Mad props to both companies.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah that sucks to hear. Hopefully the dispute will go well and you get your money back.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Whats going on,

New to Boulder/ Denver area and have had the STI for about 4 months previously had an 04 WRX. Like to mountain bike and snowboard and just kick it...

So far the credit card company has issued a temporary credit and its under review. They want to just refund me for the two rims that are out of round. Which in any other industry might be acceptable, but what am I gonna do with 2 wheels other than try to sell them myself? I won't get the money I paid for them back, so that's unacceptable. Here's hoping they come to their senses.

Still waiting on the final credit to come through. Any idea what I should do with the rims that aren't straight? Would they still sell to a drifter or something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.