de catting

This is a discussion on de catting within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Would I get NE gains from taking off my cat on my stock piping? Everything else is stock...do I gotta ...

de catting

Would I get NE gains from taking off my cat on my stock piping? Everything else is stock...do I gotta re tune?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If your model has a cat in the up pipe there are catless options available. If your up pipe is already de-catted or the car came stock with a catless up pipe there is no point in changing up pipes. If your car has a catted up pipe you can change to a catless down pipe without tuning. If your car came stock with a catless up pipe you cannot change to a catless downpipe without tuning.

Follow the link in my signature.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    i would say to get an aftermarket dp not mess with the stock dp. but yeah follow his advice too^
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If your model has a cat in the up pipe there are catless options available. If your up pipe is already de-catted or the car came stock with a catless up pipe there is no point in changing up pipes. If your car has a catted up pipe you can change to a catless down pipe without tuning. If your car came stock with a catless up pipe you cannot change to a catless downpipe without tuning.

Follow the link in my signature.
    Which dp is good?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mymuSUBI808 View Post
    Which dp is good?
    There are several. Post the year of your car (model) and also see what other owners with the same model are using. The cheapest option is to decat your existing dp but that's a hassle if you've not done it before and you won't have the original equipment to go back to stock.

Keep in mind the modifications you are considering will make the car illegal on any public road anywhere in the US.

Keep a lookout on the used parts section for something on the cheap or contact several site vendors and shop around for new depending on what you want.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mymuSUBI808 View Post
    Which dp is good?
    i really like invidia products but there are many good ones
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Thanks