New to clubWRX forums - Built 07' STI UGM :) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to clubWRX forums - Built 07' STI UGM :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Nice first posts! I miss my 07 UGM STI (Limited) Looks like you have a nice ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Nice first posts! I miss my 07 UGM STI (Limited)

Looks like you have a nice build coming up. You should LOVE the power that FP Red is going to put out. You should be well over 400whp with a good tune! Surprised you still have stock STI rods though with the power you're going to have.
    Yeah, definitely hoping for a little over 400awhp on pump!!!

And there are many things i wished i had the money to do, like rods, cams, heads etc but as i legit was broke when the piston blew, and luckily warranty gave me a decent check, all i could afford to throw on top of the $ from warranty was the Vigilant Street Series block which came with what was listen in the OP.
    2007 UGM STI: Vigilant Street series short block, ClutchMaster FX350 clutch w/ lightweight Flywheel, Invidia catless DP, Invidia N1 Race CBE, Grimspeed EBCS, Walbro 255 FP, BC Coils, AEM CAI, 8k lights, Driver Mod

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hawkeye's FTW!

Welcome

Thank you guys for all the welcoming!

Have a quick question, at low speeds, when i turn left, i am starting to feel the steering wheel vibrating! Also, a low whining sound is coming when i turn the wheel. Could the vibration have to do with low Power Steering fluid? I looked at it and it didn't seem to be low at all?

I also need to get my brake pads changed (this weekend i will get this done) and i read on another forum how brakes could possible cause vibration of the steering wheel when turning.

Does anyone have any idea's what this could be?
    2007 UGM STI: Vigilant Street series short block, ClutchMaster FX350 clutch w/ lightweight Flywheel, Invidia catless DP, Invidia N1 Race CBE, Grimspeed EBCS, Walbro 255 FP, BC Coils, AEM CAI, 8k lights, Driver Mod

I Support ClubWRX
    When you change your brake pads check behind your rotors for a shiny spot on the e-brake cover.

Read through this thread for an explanation:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1269334

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I dont think it's the brakes. I believe it could be the power-steering. I had the car sitting in the garage for 2 days and when i moved it today, i found a puddle of redish liquid under it. Didn't feel like oil, to thin. Could be Power steering fluid!

Also, found balancing weights from my wheels on the floor outside my house

But don't think this was the issue as the vibration only occurs when steering is applied! And, when the car is parked, i turn the steering wheel and the steering wheel and the wheel/tire are vibrating bad! Also the power-steering whine is super loud today! I have a leak some how!?
    Last edited by Andor; 03-29-2013 at 03:20 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ouch. Well sorry to hearing wasn't my easy fix.

I'd say you definitely found your problems though.

GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Ouch. Well sorry to hearing wasn't my easy fix.

I'd say you definitely found your problems though.

No worries, thank you for the reply's! Gonna take the car to the shop that built it on monday because they still have the fix the A/C! This power steering leak was never an issue until after they put the new motor in so i am gonna make sure they get on top of it!

On another note,

Already have TGV deletes ordered. Waiting on to purchase some more parts and FP RED turbo can go on soon !

Car is at the shop getting the AC fixed and seeing whats up with the power steering etc...

Any body have any recommendations for Turbo Inlets? Need to purchase a 3" for the FP RED.

I am leaning towards a harp pipe one compared to a silicone but i hear fitment sucks on the hard pipe ones. Any input!?

How come you are going with a FP Red? Such old technology compared to turbo's out today.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercookie View Post
    How come you are going with a FP Red? Such old technology compared to turbo's out today.
    This is definitely true, not the newest turbo's out there, as the FP red HTA is the updated version of the old original red that i purchased. I did months of research and was stuck on the new garret gtx3076r. With its new 11 blade wheel technology, it basically flowed very close to a gt35 which was very impressive. My only issue was that it was just slightly a little more laggier then a normal gt3076r. I was also looking at the DOM 3.0 xt-r version. New technology and turbo performance was great!

I just had a couple of issue's. I had legit zero $$$ to spare after putting it all in for the engine build and i had to purchase the turbo right there in order to use the $1200 that warranty gave me to use for a new oem vf turbo. I got a brand new fp red for $1450 so throwing $250 for a set up wasn't bad at all. I will also need to spend an additional $700 basically for an EWG set up and turbo inlet, TGV deletes, and injector, top mount so by buying a gtx or dom which was about another $600 for a quieter (i didn't like the new improvement of it being close to 50% quieter as i am a huge turbo guy and love the way you can hear it spool!) and slightly laggier turbo. Yes it holds more power, but then again, this car is still gonna be my DD and i am not gonna be using the max power that the turbo's can produce.

I here alot of good and bad things about the dom's and gtx/gt series and also some about the fp's, but in reality, they are all almost identical I basically picked one that wouldn't hurt my pockets too much and still sounded loud during spool up, given that mainly people try to get a quieter one for less attention.

Pretty sure i won't be disappointed with my decision, but with so many out there, i just had to pick one!
    Last edited by Andor; 04-04-2013 at 03:51 PM.

What shop did the motor swap?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    What shop did the motor swap?
    Very long story. Brought it too AWD Motorsports and they completely screwed me over bad and then were complete douches when even trying to help me out to take the car to another shop! Ended up having a Euro shop (Right down the street) work on the car (USP Motorsports). I had chirs green work on my vw before i had the subi. They do alot of work on porches so they have some experience on boxer engines. They basically just put the engine in as Sean from Vigilant Motorsports built the block. Just simple bolting the block back up is what i needed the shop for.

Picked up the car and it was just stupid little o-rings letting air bubbles into the power steering pump which caused so much chaos! And as well with the A/C, just an o-ring!

Also, picked up some goodies today when i picked up the car from the shop!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12