Well, I just picked up a used 2012 with 19k on it at the dealership this weekend. I'm simply enamored with the vehicle. My previous cars have been a 3000gt, eclipse gt, a (swapped) 240sx S13, KA24de S14 240sx, and since this weekend, the car I was rocking for the last 5 years was just a simple 03 lancer es.
Needless to say, I couldn't be happier. I do have some questions and figured they would be best posted in the n00b forum so you wouldn't get those typical, "DO A SEARCH," answers. I did search many of these through google, but always prefer the input of a well informed community.
1. My car is used, it has an SPT trim piece added to the trunk. The dealership was unable to comment if the car had any existing mods. A look under the hood didn't show anything had been changed, but my exhaust is full of a nice throaty bass under 2k rpms. Would an SPT exhaust come with markings to note it is SPT?
2. I have a low pitched, supercharger sounding whine on 1st and 2nd gear under throttle. 3rd-5th you can barely notice this. At first I was concerned this was that intercooler to throttle body hose coming loose, but after listening very carefully and doing more research - this really appears to be transmission related. Should I bring the car to the dealership for further checking or is this just a normal natural whine from the transmission that I should get used to? It seems to overwhelm the spooling sound.
3. I'm not doing any power mods for a very long time, but is there anything can be done with the suspension to promote a tad more oversteer?
4. Do you guys have your tire pressure lights come on after the car wash too? What is the best way for me to reset this code w/o voiding warranty?
5. When should I see max boost? Would have been nice for the car to come with a boost gauge.
Well there you have it, I love this car and want to make sure I take care of it for years to come. Test drove a 2013 Genesis 2.0t and it was nowhere near as organic to drive as the WRX.
Thanks to anyone who wants to take on these questions. Feel free to even post links instead of answers, call me a novice, etc.