Went out for a bag of......
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Went out for a bag of...... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; .....you thought I was going to say ****s, didn't you? Hey all. New here, but not to Subarus, or loosely ...

Went out for a bag of......

.....you thought I was going to say ****s, didn't you?

Hey all. New here, but not to Subarus, or loosely based automotive forums. I haz an '04 STi. It is basically stock save for an APS Short Ram, Epic Engineering lowering springs, and an el cheapo not really stainless, but close to it COBB knock off exhaust I spent maybe $140 on from PalPerformance on ebay. I really should've spent more, as I have to take Eagle One wadding polish to it to clean up the surface rust every spring. I hate it. I'll see if I can find a decent picture of the car...........(waiting for Photobucket to load)

Well, PB is being ****ty, so I'll have to try to get some pictures later if you're really interested. I'm pretty sure you all know what an STi looks like though.

PB sucks. I hope hotlinking is not frowned upon in this establishment....

Last edited by Piratemosh666; 03-18-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    Team Bad Luck Scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! miles? color?
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Car is PSM, and is currently sitting at 55,796mi on the clock. It is my daily, but I average right around 7k miles a year. I really hate driving it in the salt and slop and salt and junk and stuff here in Western NY.
    Team Bad Luck Scooby

oh nice, shes just a baybay.
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Yeah, kinda. Not as much of a baybay as the guy selling that super clean Evo VIII on here. Christ, that thing is clean. Where was that car three years ago when I was cross-shopping the car I currently have and Evos? I would've most likely ended up with that (not saying I dislike my car, you just do not see Evos that clean. Period.)

On a side note, I really should've re-thought that Bratwurst/Kraut/IPA combo for lunch yesterday. Talk about colon scrub.....I think I'm bleeding. TMI too soon? I know I'm just getting to know people and all.....
    Team Bad Luck Scooby

lol nah u seem to fit haha
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

Yay! Acceptance! Photobucket is still being teh gehyness.....I'll try and put at least one picture up eventually....

Oh, quick question. I've been noticing slightly more tractor type valvetrain noises than usual coming from the driver's side head. I'm wondering if I should be concerned at all, and if there is a valve lash adjustment, or should I just drive it till it pops then go big? What say you?
    Team Bad Luck Scooby

You certainly seem like you'll fit in quite well. Subarus, IPAs, good food, blatant disgusting honesty, and if you're from Western Kentucky...guns.

Nice STI you have right there! You should be proud to drive it in the most dire weather conditions out there though...not many people can say they can safely and adequately get around in it compared to us folk.

Welcome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

You dare blame beer on feeling bad??

Er...I mean...welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

You certainly seem like you'll fit in quite well. Subarus, IPAs, good food, blatant disgusting honesty, and if you're from Western Kentucky...guns.

Nice STI you have right there! You should be proud to drive it in the most dire weather conditions out there though...not many people can say they can safely and adequately get around in it compared to us folk.

Welcome!
    Lol. Thanks. I do appreciate guns, but do not own any as of yet.

As far as driving in bad weather is concerned, you know you own a Subaru when you get mad at the plow trucks driving by your house before you leave for work......driving this car in the slop around here in the winter can be fun, but I worry about the tin worm. I'm pretty neurotic about how clean I keep my cars. Just to give you an idea, my last car sat in the garage on life support during the winter and it was just a lowly little Cobalt SS.

The salt we use here to keep the roads clear so that the driving impared can get to their bingo meet/bridge tournys just ruins cars. My wife has an '05 Escape that's going to need a left rear fender and a hatch soon, just to give an example, because the PO didn't wash it/keep it clean as well as they should have. On a somewhat positive note, tomorrow morning's commute should be fun. I just looked outside to see a nice dusting of snow on the roads, which means I'll be able to drift my favorite curve. That is, of course, without anyone around (especially the local cops) :wink: I was in the middle of a picture perfect four wheel drift the one morning until I was just able to see around the curve and noticed a cop car headed my way. I heard a snap and thought I broke something untill I realized it was my ******* slamming shut.
    Team Bad Luck Scooby

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    You dare blame beer on feeling bad??

Er...I mean...welcome!
    No. I blamed the combination, well mostly the Brat/Kraut. You ever have that one you just seem to wipe, and wipe, and wipe forever? It's like wiping a magic marker.
    Team Bad Luck Scooby

Pretty sure the salt used here in NJ, where there are a much higher concentration of tards to normal people, is much more volatile. Just rinse the salt off when you see fit...and enjoy all that is AWD!

Having a DCCD in the winter is one of the reasons I wanted an STI to begin with. Needless to say, it has paid off for me. My two cents though. I know people have their reasons for what they do with their cars

Oh and your wife's 05 Escape needs parts replacing...simply cause it's an 05 Escape
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I love the AWD in the snow. And as far as salt goes, NJ has to be one of the worst, I rinse my car every single night in the middle of the winter, luckily enough i have a sink next to the garage door and I connect a hose and do a rinse with steaming hot water and it dissolves of for the most part.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    I love the AWD in the snow. And as far as salt goes, NJ has to be one of the worst, I rinse my car every single night in the middle of the winter, luckily enough i have a sink next to the garage door and I connect a hose and do a rinse with steaming hot water and it dissolves of for the most part.
    I wish I had a slop sink or something to hook a hose up to so I could just hose it off at home....

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Pretty sure the salt used here in NJ, where there are a much higher concentration of tards to normal people, is much more volatile. Just rinse the salt off when you see fit...and enjoy all that is AWD!

Having a DCCD in the winter is one of the reasons I wanted an STI to begin with. Needless to say, it has paid off for me. My two cents though. I know people have their reasons for what they do with their cars

Oh and your wife's 05 Escape needs parts replacing...simply cause it's an 05 Escape
    Oh, I do. I allow myself a car wash a week at a local touchless wash, but there have been times when I've let it go for more than a week.

I usually never bother with the DCCD. I did have a short drifting/cookie session in the back parking lot at work with it set to "open" and the center diff started to protest a bit. I just leave it in Auto all the time anymore.

As far as the Escape is concerned, don't even get me started......I won't even mention the transmission that lunched it's final drive to the point it was as smooth as a baby's ass, which also took out the PTU. Oh, and said PTU was on BO at the time, so the thing sat out behind the shop for, oh, a month before a revised part finally shipped. While it was sitting there all lonely and stuff, a hail storm came through and took out a couple of body panels, yeah, that was cool. Oh, oh! Also while it was sitting there, the rear brakes seized up quite nice, and because they couldn't free them up outside, they thought it would be a good idea to drag the damn thing across the back lot......flat spotting the tires..........yeah. That thing's been fun, let me tell ya. Anyway, it may just turn into my winter beater, you know, for those days I don't feel like having any fun what-so-ever. Sorry, about that little rant. Just thinking about it gives me fits of rage.

Well.....here's another picture.....My frosty, salty peanut

Last edited by Piratemosh666; 03-19-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    Team Bad Luck Scooby

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.