2002 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello! I Just bought my first 2002 WRX, I'm in love. I'm new. I'm looking to start off upgrading / ...

2002 WRX

Hello!
    I Just bought my first 2002 WRX, I'm in love. I'm new.
    I'm looking to start off upgrading / getting, turbo timer, exhaust system, blow off valve, suspension system, head lights & tail lights. Can anyone help me with websites or good places for these and performance rally parts?
    I'm in the GTA. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Grats on the purchase and welcome! I know turninconcepts and rallysportdirect are decent.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You need to do some research first, your "upgrade" list includes parts that are not needed and downgrades, not upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    You need to do some research first, your "upgrade" list includes parts that are not needed and downgrades, not upgrades.
    +1 was thinking the same thing there are a couple threads on here that tell you all the best upgrades for your vehicle. Congrats though lets see some pics of the beast

welcome! check out the link in my signature for first mod info.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

you dont need a bov, stick with the factory bpv. a bov will make funny ricer noises and make the car run worse

you dont need a turbo timer, modern water/oil cooled turbos dont need an idle cooldown period. its not like your flogging it at 10/10ths all day long in racetrack conditions. install an oil temp gauge and youll see what i mean, outside of a racetrack in summer temps it wont even get close to a critical temperature

suspension is subject to your needs, if its original 2002 equipment, it probably needs replacing anyways. perfect time to upgrade components

a turboback exhaust and some engine management would make the car a good deal quicker. bring you from ~160-170 whp to around 200-220whp depending on the dyno. so thats a good choice

headlights and taillights? are your busted up or broken or something. oe replacements are your best bet if thats the case. if your talking about eBay "angel eyes" or whatever there called then, well do what you want with your car but i think there kinda lame and played out on the honda scene

i like grand theft auto too. vice city is still my fav though........

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Hello fellow Canadian bugeye owner.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Is it true you can install 004-2005 tailights on a 2002 WRX, you just have to cut the tab on the back where the circle part is?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yes they will fit. some people have managed to install them without cutting anything though. others have cut the bumper cover to make it an easier install.

edit: going forward, please start your own thread with any questions you may have

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.