So I bought a Lancer... but I really want a WRX... Help? haha - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on So I bought a Lancer... but I really want a WRX... Help? haha within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Agree not having a note will make your life seem 100% better had that for 8 months in my civic ...

Agree not having a note will make your life seem 100% better had that for 8 months in my civic it was the best experience ever looking back now...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My suggestion is that since you live in Chicagoland give Grand Subaru a call and ask to talk to Bill Nealis or do it all by e-mail. He's a good guy, tell him what you want to do and see if it works for you.

I also had 2 women tell me not to get the WRX.... I got it anyways.
    I think they were right everything I look at my fuel gauge.

just a general rule thats good to follow, if your upside down at all in your current ride. dont trade it in. drive it till your even. or better yet drive it till you pay it off. then drive it some more and enjoy not having a car payment.

i have 58 more months of payments on my 2013 wrx and trust me, as cool as it is and as much as i love it. no payment is far more fun

Grand is excellent, bought my first Subaru there 2 hours from where I was living at the time, gave me a great deal when the Subaru dealership 2 minutes from my house wouldnt negotiate even a penny. I wanted a WRX fiendishly then but gladly took an Impreza OBS and saved $10k. It took a few years of saving and fapping to the Build section here but eventually I was able to get what I wanted for the price I wanted (more or less... no all weather floor and trunk mats???). Just took patience, saving and someone with more sense than me keeping my head in the game by not letting me make an emotional decision... I would have bought from Grand again but that's a 1000 mile commute these days. However, I hate to sound like a broken record, but taxes are inescapable and Illinois is one of the worst with Wisconsin not far behind. 7.5% just for buying in Chicago. Grand is good but no way they can overcome that...
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

Hah, alright guys, I guess I'll just ride this Lancer for the next couple years... 40 MPG is not bad at all haha.

Thanks for talking sense into me.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    FWIW - owning a second car is not that expensive. I've done it most of my life and not considered it a real cash drain, and I am not loaded with money. The second car can be bought for a good price after shopping around and finding a deal, because there is no pressure to buy right away. The insurance costs on a second car are significantly less, as it should be considered a low mileage pleasure vehicle, not a daily driver. I also tended to just put the minimum insurance on them as well, figuring I'd take my chances - if it gets wrecked then it goes away anyway. It has allowed me some odd toys along the way - a fun old Fiat 124 convertible and a couple of Jeep CJ-7s.

I'm not telling you to do it, but there were enough posters making it sound like it is an unreasonable expense. You know your income and you know your passions. I like cars, the outlay wasn't huge, and I have never regretted having fun cars to turn to when the mood strikes.

All that said ... now that I finally have the WRX I've wanted for years, my CJ has seen A LOT less use.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12