New to Clubwrx.net, and new to WRX in general
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to Clubwrx.net, and new to WRX in general within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got my new 2013 wrx in october, I've put 2400 miles on it so far and have done ...

New to Clubwrx.net, and new to WRX in general

I just got my new 2013 wrx in october, I've put 2400 miles on it so far and have done an AEM CAI, Turbosmart dual port BOV, Nameless muffler delete axle back, Tanabe df210 springs and 18x8 G-line g509 wheels, Also 35% tint all around. Just lookin to get into the Subaru "Life style" and figure a forum like this was a good way to get to know other subaru owners and get tips. Let me know what you think of my car so far, i look foward to checking out all the cars and post on this site. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx44.jpeg   wrx33.jpeg   wrx22.jpeg   wrx11.jpeg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks good.
    Has the car been tuned for the intake?

Thanks, It hasnt, with the AEM you dont need a tune, although it might be better, im not going to tune untill the warranty is gone, untill then i'll put on things i can take off if i need warranty work done

I Support ClubWRX
    wow car looks awesome, love the wheels
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Thanks alot

looking good, a couple of meets coming up for East coasters

Quote Originally Posted by jliggett44 View Post
    Thanks, It hasnt, with the AEM you dont need a tune, although it might be better, im not going to tune untill the warranty is gone, untill then i'll put on things i can take off if i need warranty work done
    There are many who would disagree with it not needing a tune. With an intake and aftermarket BOV I would definitely consider a tune to be very important.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    There are many who would disagree with it not needing a tune. With an intake and aftermarket BOV I would definitely consider a tune to be very important.
    I hear what you're saying but it doesnt skip a beat the way it is now and there was a noticable increase in power with the intake, no over oosting at all, doesnt run lean and only runs rich for a split second, when shifting, becouse the BOV vents 50/50

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TeknoKim View Post
    looking good, a couple of meets coming up for East coasters
    Thanks, I cant wait to start going to some meets

I Support ClubWRX
    I usually don't like colored wheels like that. Those set the car of nicely though.

Welcome.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by jliggett44 View Post
    I hear what you're saying but it doesnt skip a beat the way it is now and there was a noticable increase in power with the intake, no over oosting at all, doesnt run lean and only runs rich for a split second, when shifting, becouse the BOV vents 50/50
    Fair enough. How do you know about the lean/richness?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Fair enough. How do you know about the lean/richness?
    Well after putting on the BOV I noticed a slight back fire, or after fire when shifting under heavy boost. So i went ahead an hooked up my Snap-on Modis and ran the data and took it for a drive while reading the o2 sensor voltage's, everything looked fine, even when it back fired the voltage increase was so quick i only saw it once. i then put the stock intake and bypass valve on and drove and the voltage's were the same, well except when shifting unter heavy boost because the bypass valve doesnt vent any air to atmosphere, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I usually don't like colored wheels like that. Those set the car of nicely though.

Welcome.
    honestly i never liked colored wheels either but i saw these and figured id take a chance, the pictures dont do justice to the look, it is definantly better looking in person.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I like it! The wheels really do look sharp and the colors match almost perfectly!

And I'll say this now, you may want to get rid of the BOV. The CAI will give you far louder spool/stock BPV sounds than with a stock intake if the sound is what you're looking for. And you'll be running your car far safer. Also, as people have said, a tune will be very beneficial for you when you want it after warranty is done. Combined with your intake and a downpipe, if you choose to get one, you'll have very noticeable performance gains.

Also, welcome!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    I like it! The wheels really do look sharp and the colors match almost perfectly!

And I'll say this now, you may want to get rid of the BOV. The CAI will give you far louder spool/stock BPV sounds than with a stock intake if the sound is what you're looking for. And you'll be running your car far safer. Also, as people have said, a tune will be very beneficial for you when you want it after warranty is done. Combined with your intake and a downpipe, if you choose to get one, you'll have very noticeable performance gains.

Also, welcome!
    Thanks, I accually agree with you on the BOV and i am most likley selling it soon, my girlfriend likes the noise so i got it but i dont like the noise so it comin off lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.