Buyer's Remorse - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Buyer's Remorse within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was interested in an STI, but the adult in me says, meh, I can go plenty fast with a ...

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    I was interested in an STI, but the adult in me says, meh, I can go plenty fast with a WRX to get in tons of trouble. I don't NEED the extra features at all, esp for the extra money.

If you just want to go fast, go get a cheap motorcycle. Faster, cheaper and is more of a panty dropper for girls in their mid 20s who have daddy issues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The STI is fantastic but the old man in me went with a WRX Limited and no regrets. The STI was just way too harsh for the terrible streets here. Besides the STI hatch doesn't come with a moon roof and that was the ultimate deal breaker... because I am just that shallow. The 5k I saved (needed a hatch, sedans just wont do for me) was better spent on other things.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

I agree with the majority here, I was in the market for an 04-05 STi, couldnt find any stock ones for decent prices(all in the high teens, low 20s) Id rather spend 4 more grand and buy a brand new 0 miles WRX.

I bought my car for DD purposes, I already have a full on track car so I didnt need a car for track use. The WRX is plenty fast for me, and when it comes time where I want to mod it, the potential is all there. Everyone also told me that I should have just gotten an STi, but in the end of the day its me making the payments and not them. I have plenty of money left over a month to actually drive the thing, and not just have it parked at my house.

I also bought a wingless WRX because I knew someone would want my trunk. And it just so happened that 2 days after driving the WRX home from the lot I got asked by an STi to trade trunks. I have had a few haters about it, but I kept the WRX badges and let the guy keep his STi badge.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I may have my new WRX ordered within the next week or so! Sadly, the dealer says it won't be here until the end of June. But I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12