First time driving a WRX.

This is a discussion on First time driving a WRX. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, my name is Anthoney. I just purchased a 2013 WRX Premium from the dealership here in Boise, ID. ...

First time driving a WRX.

Hi everyone, my name is Anthoney. I just purchased a 2013 WRX Premium from the dealership here in Boise, ID. It is crystal black i believe was the proper name. I traded in my 2009 Honda Civic SI and i must say this is a dramatic upgrade in my opinion!! I can tell I am going to LOVE this car over the next years. Went with the 4door sedan since i have an almost 3 year old daughter and my girl is about 8 weeks prego now. So definitely loving 4door family appeal, while keeping the sportiness.

My main goal is to learn as much as possible about my car while i own it, and hopefully do simple modifications to make it even more enjoyable. If anyone has any advice they could offer on how to care for this car, or how to use this site for information it'd be much appreciated. Hopefully i can put pics up soon!
    Thanks Again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and grats!

Welcome and congrats!

There are a lot of sticky threads at the tops of the various sub-forums that hold frequently requested/needed info, such as the one I linked to in my signature.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thanks for the welcome guys! So i do have two questions that maybe have easy answers. IDK if i am supposed to ask here or somewhere else so sorry if its in the wrong place, but my WRX clutch only has 80 miles on it now and all day today while driving the clutch makes like a pop sound n feel when i push it in to shift or put it in gear. And the shifter has a hard time going into reverse. Is this normal? Will it stop as i drive more?
    Also the bluetooth between the Nav screen and my phone disconnects regularly while driving too. Maybe i should just call the dealership?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the welcome guys! So i do have two questions that maybe have easy answers. IDK if i am supposed to ask here or somewhere else so sorry if its in the wrong place, but my WRX clutch only has 80 miles on it now and all day today while driving the clutch makes like a pop sound n feel when i push it in to shift or put it in gear. And the shifter has a hard time going into reverse. Is this normal? Will it stop as i drive more?
    Also the bluetooth between the Nav screen and my phone disconnects regularly while driving too. Maybe i should just call the dealership?

The "reverse shuffle" is a well known subaru dance you will have to learn. Suggestions include putting the shifter into another gear before trying to put it in reverse, or even rolling forward a bit if possible. It's a quirk of these cars, I think everyone typically gets used to it.

The bluetooth disconnecting...try deleting your phone then use the steering wheel controls to connect it instead of the head unit controls. If that doesn't work, then definitely take it to the dealership.

As far as the clutch pop noise/feel...if it were me I'd take it to the dealer. Worse comes to worse, they tell you nothing is wrong. But at least then you have it documented that you took the car in for a possible clutch issue is something bad does happen down the line.
    - Will

Thanks for the response CalvinBall. I have been reading a lot since i posted that reverse is a learned skill lol. Ill try the bt trick and definitely take it to the dealer tomorrow hopefully and get it checked. Makes sense having it documented so it wont be held against me in the long run if something does happen. Thanks

No problem! Welcome to the forum!
    - Will

I like this forum a lot the search bar is like a miracle lol. I feel like i could sit here and read and read for like 8 hours tho i need to get off!! I have years of catching up to do on wrx and modification knowledge. This is insane!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NewToSubWRX View Post
    I like this forum a lot the search bar is like a miracle lol. I feel like i could sit here and read and read for like 8 hours tho i need to get off!! I have years of catching up to do on wrx and modification knowledge. This is insane!
    Welcome to the forum. Some of us have been reading for 8 years.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks for the welcome rage! Can anyone lemme know how to upload a profile picture maybe?

I Support ClubWRX
    Top right corner> Go to Settings> On the left side(under my settings) go to Edit Avatar> You can make the changes there.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.