OK time to order
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on OK time to order within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK after several down payments including a 0 charge from carmax to ship an 07 closer to me to only ...

OK time to order

OK after several down payments including a $250 charge from carmax to ship an 07 closer to me to only find out the car had damage or a bad Carfax. With almost spending $26,500 on a used 07 STi with a carfax entry of "rear end collision reported" It's time to go to the dealer and order a 13 WRX. I liked the nose of the 06-07 better but I have now fallen for the 13 also. I know the STi is faster but I just need a nice fun AWD commuter car and to be honest I don't even see one on the road in my everday commute here in NY.

Anyway, my question is with the options of the Short throw shifter and boost guage are these options done at the factory or at the dealer. I ask because I'm going to dealer tomorrow and he had one on the lot and I would think he would try and sell me that one but I want certain things.. And also whats the verdict on the spoiler with you guys. I always liked the clean look of a coupe, I owned an 05 WRX and I hated that spoiler and the STi's spoiler but I like the Limited "lip" spoiler and I must say I kinda do like this toned down spoiler on the wrx now. Just want opinions on the spoiler and if those mods are done at factory or not. Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm pretty sure the shifter is factory installed, since I looked at one that was hot off the boat (still had plastic and such all over the inside) and it had the shifter. That said, despite the large linkage, it's not that hard to install. The dealer could certainly do it too, but the one I looked at came with it. The boost gauge is a dealer install, I believe.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I've heard that the optional boost gauge has lots of problems. That's only from what I've read on forums. I don't have first hand experience with this. I would research the gauge more before you purchase that option, otherwise, congratulations on picking a 2013 WRX. It may be worth it to just put in your own boost gauge after you get the car.

Slightly off topic, RAMBO, nice avatar! I was excited to see a WRX on one of the Top Gear specials. Gonna watch for it made it the full way through the trip in Africa today.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.