Need your opinion for moding a 02 wagon wrx "bugeye" !!!

This is a discussion on Need your opinion for moding a 02 wagon wrx "bugeye" !!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi there, ive had my 02 wagon for a couple years now. ive finally started to get some extra cash ...

Need your opinion for moding a 02 wagon wrx "bugeye" !!!

hi there,
    ive had my 02 wagon for a couple years now. ive finally started to get some extra cash together so i can start modifying her. I love to go fast but i also love to throw her around in the dirt and snow. ive chosen a few things to put on but i would like some advice/tips before i go off spending a couple thousand. HKS Hi-Power Catback, Cobb Pulley, K&N Short Ram Typhoon, Enkei EDR9 wheels, ill have to save up a bit more for some decent coilovers. Thats the starting ideal set-up. tell me what you think or think i oughtta do!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you should follow the link in my signature for info.

Skip the pulley and intake. Forget the coilovers.

Follow the link.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

why forget the coilovers?

I Support ClubWRX
    If you want snow and gravel fun contact Primitive, they have springs that are high and hard. Coilovers costing less than the car will drop you. This is undesirable for your stated purpose.

Coilovers will offer lots of adjustability. This means the car will be almost invariably incorrectly damped, incorrectly sprung, and at the wrong height. It will also need service and alignments etc.

Follow the link.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ive gone through the intake section of the link, very informative and already saved me money. thanks for helping out a newcomer

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    READ THE LINK THOROUGHLY! It's probably the most useful guide to modifying Rexes you could find. And just keep reading forum posts as well as use the stickies. Welcome btw!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I Support ClubWRX
    Performancewise, the best bang for the buck on my '02 was up/downpipe. Then suspension mods for autocross, but that's the opposite of what you want for off road.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338