2002 Subaru WRX Wagon 5spd
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon 5spd within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I am new to the forum and after many many years of lusting over a bugeye wrx wagon I ...

2002 Subaru WRX Wagon 5spd

Hi,

I am new to the forum and after many many years of lusting over a bugeye wrx wagon I finally bought one. I got a great deal on a 2002 silver wrx wagon. The deal was so great because it needs a clutch, TB, front subframe, valve cover gaskets and left front cv. Totaling up to about 2500 in repairs, but so worth it. I am very excited to have this car. FYI it is completely stock (which is why I bought a 12 year old vehicle).

- Eric from NH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

How many miles are on the car? If it is around 100k or more, you need to find out if the timing belt service was done.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

the TB in my post stands for timing belt. It has 134k.

valve cover gaskets are quite simple to change by yourself if you have about 5 hours and a good ratchet set. the parts cost me about $50 but its better than paying over a grand anywhere. Theres a video on youtube that shows you how to change them out step by step.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.