Opinions on this wrx I would like to buy
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Opinions on this wrx I would like to buy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, new to the site here. I've always like wrx's and the time has come where I have enough ...

Hey everyone, new to the site here. I've always like wrx's and the time has come where I have enough money to buy one. I found this one on Craigslist, looks good to me and only has 50,000 miles on it. The price seems low to me, but if you guys could leave any advice that would be great, thanks.

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 50k miles

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks and sounds nice.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Amazingly low mileage, that's less than 4000 a year. Looks good from what I can see.
    '11 WRX DGM

One thing that worries me is the clutch, it should last well beyond 50,000 miles. I emailed the seller and am waiting for a response. Keep the good comments coming!

Why dont you go test drive it and check it out?!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Usually low mileage means the car sat in a shed with problems for 8 years. You never know though!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I would go test drive it but is a 2.5-3 hour drive from me. I'd like to be sure on it before going.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat445 View Post
    I would go test drive it but is a 2.5-3 hour drive from me. I'd like to be sure on it before going.
    Do you know anyone else in the area that can test drive it for you? In my mind it's impossible to be sure unless it's been driven.

No I don't know anyone else in the are unfortunately. Ill really try to question the seller, and if I'm feeling confident enough ill go check it out and possibly buy it if everything seems okay with it. Anything specifically I should ask the seller about it besides how it has such low miles and about all the history reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat445 View Post
    No I don't know anyone else in the are unfortunately. Ill really try to question the seller, and if I'm feeling confident enough ill go check it out and possibly buy it if everything seems okay with it. Anything specifically I should ask the seller about it besides how it has such low miles and about all the history reports?
    I'm not familiar with buying GD's so I can't give much input. I'd ask about the clutch comment - why does the seller think it will need to be replaced soon? Is it slipping yet? Standard questions like any other owners, stories, service records, tire life, etc.

These cars buid for drive and performance so if this car has been sitting for a long time you need to make sure gasget seals are in good condition and no engine sluges as well as all the seals for radiator hoses are in good condition don't buy the car just because it has low mileages it may cost you more in the future.

I'm thinking that I should try and jump on it while I can, a stock wrx with such low miles for that price is hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Usually low mileage means the car sat in a shed with problems for 8 years. You never know though!
    And when it was driven it driven DRIVEN and abused.
    Kinda strange the ram intake was deleted, because thats not what you delete to do a snorkus delete.

Thoughts on wrx I would like to purchase

Hey everyone new to the forum here. I'm very interested in purchasing this wrx, but would like to get others input on what they think of it. To me the price seems low for only having 50,000 miles. Any input is greatly appreciated,

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 50k miles

Why the second topic man?

Posted from a fone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.