Need help with this STi - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Need help with this STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok did the ultimate boo boo. Looked at the carfax after several hours of phone calls. Car says rear accident ...

Ok did the ultimate boo boo. Looked at the carfax after several hours of phone calls. Car says rear accident reported.... So I'm out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YFD_322 View Post
    Don't understand your answer. Who put a WRX spoiler on a STi limited
    The picture you posed of the rooft vane spoiler shows a WRX wing spoiler, not the trunk lip found on the STI Limited. I'm thinking now you just grabbed a random pic off the web, not of the actual car. Glad you decided to turn it down, though. Probably for the best.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    The picture you posed of the rooft vane spoiler shows a WRX wing spoiler, not the trunk lip found on the STI Limited. I'm thinking now you just grabbed a random pic off the web, not of the actual car. Glad you decided to turn it down, though. Probably for the best.
    Yes, I pulled random and painted it. Thank god. The dealer said it was a minor thing that it was just the valance. Cmon I said. how do i know that. When I go to sell it I'll have the probelm.

Then I had another one lined up. a 2006 WRX Limited auto with 80,000 on the ticker. Now i don't want real high mileage but Im going to use it as a DD anyway and the price was $17k. I asked if it was 1 owner and the carfax showed 1 owner. WOW! Only that the carfax showed the first enrty at 800 miles and then it skipped right to 80,000 miles. no inspection station entries. And the dealer tried to tell me that not all stations report. I told him BS! These cars are scanned and at least one would have made it over the 80,000 mile road. Another one down!

Yes, I pulled random and painted it. Thank god i didnt purchase the carfax showed rear end collision. The dealer said it was a minor thing that it was just the valance. Cmon I said. how do i know that. When I go to sell it I'll have the probelm.

Then I had another one lined up. a 2006 WRX Limited auto with 80,000 on the ticker. Now i don't want real high mileage but Im going to use it as a DD anyway and the price was $17k. I asked if it was 1 owner and the carfax showed 1 owner. WOW! Only that the carfax showed the first enrty at 800 miles and then it skipped right to 80,000 miles. no inspection station entries. And the dealer tried to tell me that not all stations report. I told him BS! These cars are scanned and at least one would have made it over the 80,000 mile road. Another one down!

Yes, I pulled random and painted it. Thank god i didnt purchase the carfax showed rear end collision. The dealer said it was a minor thing that it was just the valance. Cmon I said. how do i know that. When I go to sell it I'll have the problem.

Yes, I pulled random and painted it. Thank god i didnt purchase the carfax showed rear end collision. The dealer said it was a minor thing that it was just the valance. Cmon I said. how do i know that. When I go to sell it I'll have the problem.

Then I had another one lined up. a 2006 WRX Limited auto with 80,000 on the ticker. Now i don't want real high mileage but Im going to use it as a DD anyway and the price was $17k. I asked if it was 1 owner and the carfax showed 1 owner. WOW! Only that the carfax showed the first entry at 800 miles and then it skipped right to 80,000 miles. no inspection station entries. And the dealer tried to tell me that not all stations report. I told him BS! These cars are scanned and at least one would have made it over the 80,000 mile road. Another one down!

Not necessarily...not everything is logged onto Carfax. If the original owner was into all his own maintenance, then it's possible. But usually someone like that would keep good records. Everything up until the 105k maintenance could get done by someone at home, and even the timing belt and such could be done in a driveway.

As for inspections? In NJ when you go to the DMV for inspections, it doesn't log anything to Carfax. They do their crap, and go.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

These deals just keep on dying. I am now in talks with a new 13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123