Accelerating in 1st gear, 2013 WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Accelerating in 1st gear, 2013 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by poly_poly-man Double-clutching has always worked for me when I seem locked out of reverse. Thanks, that's what ...

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    Double-clutching has always worked for me when I seem locked out of reverse.
    Thanks, that's what I have to do. 😄
    2013 CBS WRX COBB AP, DP AND SF INTAKE W/AIR BOX. COBB OTF STAGE 2 MAP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User MercWithaMouth41's Avatar
    You'll get better with shifting as time goes by. This is my first turbo but I've been driving manual close to ten years practice makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrd671 View Post
    I know the feeling and it is embarrassing when I'm trying to go in reverse and a car is waiting for my ass! Is there a solution for this besides getting a 6 speed gear box?
    I'm no gear head, but I'm at 10k with my 2013 and that reverse thing is pretty gypsy lol. One thing I've noticed FOR SURE...its damn near impossible to put it in reverse on a slight hill. You gotta let the hill move you the tinyest little bit and reverse will open up. I literally always have to pop it in 2nd before reverse opens...sometimes like back n fourth back n fourth.

LOL idk if its just me but if you fully let out the clutch in reverse ur goin waaaayyyyyyy to fast .. I always ride the friction point / ride the clutch while goin in reverse.. Might not be the best for the clutch, but what's a clutch if the rear end gets demo by a pole lol

I know what you might be thinking .. Well then give it less gas in reverse while fully letting out the clutch...... But I can't ..it chugs & whines like a zip tie if that makes sense

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.