Close to buying a new 2013 Hatch!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Close to buying a new 2013 Hatch! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all! I have been in talks with a dealer near me about the only base hatch on the lot. ...

Close to buying a new 2013 Hatch!

Hey all!

I have been in talks with a dealer near me about the only base hatch on the lot. When it was in transit they would not budge from $26,772 (auto-dim mirror only option). He then said that they would be "real nice" and take it down to $26,572 if I were to put a deposit down before the car landed on the lot. I said no. The next week they called me and they said they are "trying to increase sales numbers for the month" and offered $25,572, I said no. And today they called me again asking what I would be willing to pay, we got to $25,000 +tt&l = just over $26k. Feeling pretty good, gunna drop by the dealership tomorrow and determine if it is worth it. Truecar.com shows $25.5k is average and that $25k is below market.

Good deal? I was really hoping for the Dark Gray but figured I would not be willing or able to keep it pretty as easily as the white.
    New 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX For Sale in Albuquerque NM | JF1GR7E62DG836065

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's a pretty good deal.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thats about what I paid for mine. I called about 4-5 dealerships and not a single one was willing to budge at all from msrp

I'm picking mine up on saturday. I didn't order it, it was already at the dealer ship. $27,133 + tax. 2013 Base Model WRX satin white pearl, Fog lights, auto dimming mirror, short shifter, and the arm rest extender. What do you guys think? Another dealer wanted Almost $30K for a plama blue premium but I said no. What do you guys think? BTW this is my first Subbie. Coming from an 03 Accord.

well I know that the spt sts is WAY overpriced, so you could knock that $300 off

Put a $500 deposit down on the car today so that they hold it to Saturday for me. This is my first car purchase (turning 25 on Saturday actually! woot) so I am really nervous. I keep playing around with my budgets to make sure I am still saving about half of my income, which it seems I will be. It is also a little unlucky that we have some weather moving in on Friday/Saturday so I might be driving this thing 2 hours home in less that ideal conditions

I was first looking at a Wrx premium and the dealer wanted almost $30K not including taxes so I said no. Found this base satin pearl with some options and got it down to the 27133, I see on truecar.com that average paid around my area is 27132. I think I did good. Glen Cove Subaru dealer. Awesome sales person and the owner is super nice. Will post pics as soon as I get it. This is my first manual car, i've been on a motorcycle for the last 3 years and everyone tells me I should get the hang of it quick since I know how a manual transmission works. I've been looking at many youtube videos to hear the engine sounds and I notice most people shift at around 3K rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassjunkie06 View Post
    I was first looking at a Wrx premium and the dealer wanted almost $30K not including taxes so I said no. Found this base satin pearl with some options and got it down to the 27133, I see on truecar.com that average paid around my area is 27132. I think I did good. Glen Cove Subaru dealer. Awesome sales person and the owner is super nice. Will post pics as soon as I get it. This is my first manual car, i've been on a motorcycle for the last 3 years and everyone tells me I should get the hang of it quick since I know how a manual transmission works. I've been looking at many youtube videos to hear the engine sounds and I notice most people shift at around 3K rpm.

I pretty much learned how to drive a manual from racing motocross for years...it might take you a little bit of time to get smooth with it but you still have a leg up on some people

You will be FINE on a stick. You can learn in a weekend especially if you a) know how they work b) are used to motorcycles. It's a cinch - I learned a sportbike in a week coming from stick cars - going vice versa is so easy...You arent going to get much off of MSRP on these. I just paid 30,200 for my limited...so you shouldnt be at 30k for the Premium, I agree.\

Best of luck - only one thing - are you ready for $250 a month car insurance?? My credit is very good, no points on DL for last 5 years and i am 32 years old and am still paying a bit more on the WRX than even my 350z?!?!?

I remember at 23 in 2004 my WRX was 273/month to insure lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeCal View Post
    You will be FINE on a stick. You can learn in a weekend especially if you a) know how they work b) are used to motorcycles. It's a cinch - I learned a sportbike in a week coming from stick cars - going vice versa is so easy...You arent going to get much off of MSRP on these. I just paid 30,200 for my limited...so you shouldnt be at 30k for the Premium, I agree.\

Best of luck - only one thing - are you ready for $250 a month car insurance?? My credit is very good, no points on DL for last 5 years and i am 32 years old and am still paying a bit more on the WRX than even my 350z?!?!?

I remember at 23 in 2004 my WRX was 273/month to insure lol
    $250-$275? good lord. who do you get insurance with? I am quoted ~$97 a month through USAA for this wrx, 25 years old no record (never been pulled over).

Same here. $75 a month, full coverage. No recent tickets. 34 years old. Its actually about the same as my old Acura TL-S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, i'll post pictures as soon as I get it. My insurance is going to be like $160 a month. Queens NY...

Quote Originally Posted by Bassjunkie06 View Post
    Thanks, i'll post pictures as soon as I get it. My insurance is going to be like $160 a month. Queens NY...

sweet, if I do indeed buy the car on Saturday I'll post pictures too!

Damn, my insurance is $60 a month for full coverage. Then again I got like 10 discounts through geico

holy crud! 250-275 a month?!?! you need new insurance. I am 21 yrs old with 1 at fault accident on my record and mine is only going to be 150 a month.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.