Close to buying a new 2013 Hatch!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Close to buying a new 2013 Hatch! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all! I have been in talks with a dealer near me about the only base hatch on the lot. ...

Close to buying a new 2013 Hatch!

Hey all!

I have been in talks with a dealer near me about the only base hatch on the lot. When it was in transit they would not budge from $26,772 (auto-dim mirror only option). He then said that they would be "real nice" and take it down to $26,572 if I were to put a deposit down before the car landed on the lot. I said no. The next week they called me and they said they are "trying to increase sales numbers for the month" and offered $25,572, I said no. And today they called me again asking what I would be willing to pay, we got to $25,000 +tt&l = just over $26k. Feeling pretty good, gunna drop by the dealership tomorrow and determine if it is worth it. Truecar.com shows $25.5k is average and that $25k is below market.

Good deal? I was really hoping for the Dark Gray but figured I would not be willing or able to keep it pretty as easily as the white.
    New 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX For Sale in Albuquerque NM | JF1GR7E62DG836065

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's a pretty good deal.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thats about what I paid for mine. I called about 4-5 dealerships and not a single one was willing to budge at all from msrp

I'm picking mine up on saturday. I didn't order it, it was already at the dealer ship. $27,133 + tax. 2013 Base Model WRX satin white pearl, Fog lights, auto dimming mirror, short shifter, and the arm rest extender. What do you guys think? Another dealer wanted Almost $30K for a plama blue premium but I said no. What do you guys think? BTW this is my first Subbie. Coming from an 03 Accord.

well I know that the spt sts is WAY overpriced, so you could knock that $300 off

Put a $500 deposit down on the car today so that they hold it to Saturday for me. This is my first car purchase (turning 25 on Saturday actually! woot) so I am really nervous. I keep playing around with my budgets to make sure I am still saving about half of my income, which it seems I will be. It is also a little unlucky that we have some weather moving in on Friday/Saturday so I might be driving this thing 2 hours home in less that ideal conditions

I was first looking at a Wrx premium and the dealer wanted almost $30K not including taxes so I said no. Found this base satin pearl with some options and got it down to the 27133, I see on truecar.com that average paid around my area is 27132. I think I did good. Glen Cove Subaru dealer. Awesome sales person and the owner is super nice. Will post pics as soon as I get it. This is my first manual car, i've been on a motorcycle for the last 3 years and everyone tells me I should get the hang of it quick since I know how a manual transmission works. I've been looking at many youtube videos to hear the engine sounds and I notice most people shift at around 3K rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassjunkie06 View Post
    I was first looking at a Wrx premium and the dealer wanted almost $30K not including taxes so I said no. Found this base satin pearl with some options and got it down to the 27133, I see on truecar.com that average paid around my area is 27132. I think I did good. Glen Cove Subaru dealer. Awesome sales person and the owner is super nice. Will post pics as soon as I get it. This is my first manual car, i've been on a motorcycle for the last 3 years and everyone tells me I should get the hang of it quick since I know how a manual transmission works. I've been looking at many youtube videos to hear the engine sounds and I notice most people shift at around 3K rpm.

I pretty much learned how to drive a manual from racing motocross for years...it might take you a little bit of time to get smooth with it but you still have a leg up on some people

You will be FINE on a stick. You can learn in a weekend especially if you a) know how they work b) are used to motorcycles. It's a cinch - I learned a sportbike in a week coming from stick cars - going vice versa is so easy...You arent going to get much off of MSRP on these. I just paid 30,200 for my limited...so you shouldnt be at 30k for the Premium, I agree.\

Best of luck - only one thing - are you ready for $250 a month car insurance?? My credit is very good, no points on DL for last 5 years and i am 32 years old and am still paying a bit more on the WRX than even my 350z?!?!?

I remember at 23 in 2004 my WRX was 273/month to insure lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeCal View Post
    You will be FINE on a stick. You can learn in a weekend especially if you a) know how they work b) are used to motorcycles. It's a cinch - I learned a sportbike in a week coming from stick cars - going vice versa is so easy...You arent going to get much off of MSRP on these. I just paid 30,200 for my limited...so you shouldnt be at 30k for the Premium, I agree.\

Best of luck - only one thing - are you ready for $250 a month car insurance?? My credit is very good, no points on DL for last 5 years and i am 32 years old and am still paying a bit more on the WRX than even my 350z?!?!?

I remember at 23 in 2004 my WRX was 273/month to insure lol
    $250-$275? good lord. who do you get insurance with? I am quoted ~$97 a month through USAA for this wrx, 25 years old no record (never been pulled over).

Same here. $75 a month, full coverage. No recent tickets. 34 years old. Its actually about the same as my old Acura TL-S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, i'll post pictures as soon as I get it. My insurance is going to be like $160 a month. Queens NY...

Quote Originally Posted by Bassjunkie06 View Post
    Thanks, i'll post pictures as soon as I get it. My insurance is going to be like $160 a month. Queens NY...

sweet, if I do indeed buy the car on Saturday I'll post pictures too!

Damn, my insurance is $60 a month for full coverage. Then again I got like 10 discounts through geico

holy crud! 250-275 a month?!?! you need new insurance. I am 21 yrs old with 1 at fault accident on my record and mine is only going to be 150 a month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast