WRX vs WRX Premium? What is the actual difference? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

This is a discussion on WRX vs WRX Premium? What is the actual difference? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rage-wrx Are you sure about that? AFAIK the Premium & the Limited come with the All Weather ...

  1. #16
    Registered User WRXRayF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Are you sure about that? AFAIK the Premium & the Limited come with the All Weather package From 101cars-Hi/Lo Heated Front Seats, Heated Outside Mirrors and Front Windshield Wiper De-icer (on with rear defroster button)
    This...rear view mirror heaters are actuated with the rear defroster switch.
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User RichD514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, New York, United States
    Posts
    782

    That's from the 2012 brochure, i don't think 2011 was much different, if any.
    Only differences between limited and premium is leather upholstery and HID headlights.
    defiantly not a base WRX, moonroof is not available.

    Edit: premium is on the left, limited to the right

  4. #18
    Registered User 99pgpgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    251
    Yeah I know, I have the book in front of me haha..


    Hmm I figured there would be a button by the mirror switch. There is a spot where it looks like a button would go.

  5. #19
    Registered User nopistons93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    214
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^The mirrors heating element turns on when you press the defroster button for the rear window. Your front deicers for your wipers also turn on when you press this button.

  6. #20
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,761
    I Support ClubWRX
    It is the exact same set up on the Forester XT Touring too. Rear defroster activates the heating elements in the windshields (front & rear) & the mirrors.

    Back to the OP,yes that looks like a premium. The model code "BJO" is for a Premium sedan. How much does the dealer want for the car?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    This. Mine is a base but I added fog lights on the order. Sunroof isn't even configurable. That one is definitely a Premium.

    EDIT: Actually the ad *does* say it's a Premium in the "Comments" section: "AWESOME WRX Premium and sunroof / moonroof"

    indeed it does. I did not see that. The only thing I thought was separating this from the standard WRX was the sunroof and spoiler, which hardly seem to be worth the extra $$. I guess there are a few extra features that make a bit of a difference.
    So anyway I offered the dealer 23k to see what he would come back with and today his counter offer was 24,600. There is of course 1200 worth of processing fees, tags, plates, etc.. when buying from a dealership, but is this an overall good deal or should I try to negotiate lower? Ive never bought a car from a dealership before so I am not used to paying so much higher than private party value. I am having a really hard time finding something that some racer boy hasn't tricked out with terrible mods, and that really is the only reason I am even considering that option. Its nice and stock, rides awesome.. I would feel so much better about the purchase if it were 3k less.. i dont want to have buyers remorse. I need to be either talked into it or talked out of it by people who have been there and know what its like 6 months down the road.

  8. #22
    Registered User Kwrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spring Grove, PA
    Posts
    194
    Bought my hatch from a VA dealer in August last year. I paid 24,500, though my premium had 11k miles on it, and my payment is 320 a month. That is with good credit and a little down, so hopefully that gives you a ball park estimate. That being said, I'd counter that offer and try to get it to 23,500, that would be a great deal imo.

    Edit: point out anything that you may not like, it helps with negotiating. Also, do act excited or in love, they feel no pain or remorse so destroy them!
    '11 WRX DGM

  9. #23
    Registered User etnpnys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by zmoss View Post
    indeed it does. I did not see that. The only thing I thought was separating this from the standard WRX was the sunroof and spoiler, which hardly seem to be worth the extra $$. I guess there are a few extra features that make a bit of a difference.
    So anyway I offered the dealer 23k to see what he would come back with and today his counter offer was 24,600. There is of course 1200 worth of processing fees, tags, plates, etc.. when buying from a dealership, but is this an overall good deal or should I try to negotiate lower? Ive never bought a car from a dealership before so I am not used to paying so much higher than private party value. I am having a really hard time finding something that some racer boy hasn't tricked out with terrible mods, and that really is the only reason I am even considering that option. Its nice and stock, rides awesome.. I would feel so much better about the purchase if it were 3k less.. i dont want to have buyers remorse. I need to be either talked into it or talked out of it by people who have been there and know what its like 6 months down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwrxp View Post
    Edit: point out anything that you may not like, it helps with negotiating. Also, do **NOT** act excited or in love, they feel no pain or remorse so destroy them!
    ^I fixed that for you.
    Personally, zmoss, I think that's an amazing deal. A Premium for under 25k? Maybe the pricing has changed but I would have jumped on that idea also... If I wanted a sunroof. As you can see from Kwrxp's deal, he got that price for a used car. I respectfully disagree with his recommendation on trying to haggle further. But that's just me.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

  10. #24
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,920
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    ^I fixed that for you.
    Personally, zmoss, I think that's an amazing deal. A Premium for under 25k? Maybe the pricing has changed but I would have jumped on that idea also... If I wanted a sunroof. As you can see from Kwrxp's deal, he got that price for a used car. I respectfully disagree with his recommendation on trying to haggle further. But that's just me.
    It is a 2011 model the OP is looking at, that's the reason for the price.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  11. #25
    Registered User etnpnys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    It is a 2011 model the OP is looking at, that's the reason for the price.
    Whoa. For some reason I was thinking that it was for a new 2013... This is for a used 2011 with 33k miles. You like how I can find the obscure info that everybody else misses and I can't even get the basics of the ad right?

    Yeah, I'd talk them down too then.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

  12. #26
    Registered User MOTION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mandeville, La.
    Posts
    278
    how do you know if you have heated mirrors, I have the windshield wiper thing.

  13. #27
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,761
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTION View Post
    how do you know if you have heated mirrors, I have the windshield wiper thing.
    It comes as a package called the Winter package. If you have the heating element in the front windshield, you should have heated mirrors.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  14. #28
    zax
    zax is offline
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,555
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I think the Premium also comes with a compartment specially designed to hold your Taco Bell Cheesy Gordita Crunch.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  15. #29
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,616
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I think the Premium also comes with a compartment specially designed to hold your Taco Bell Cheesy Gordita Crunch.
    Whoa really???? Damnit that's my favorite thing at Taco Bell! I'm buying one.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

  16. #30
    zax
    zax is offline
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,555
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Whoa really???? Damnit that's my favorite thing at Taco Bell! I'm buying one.
    1 point for Subaru.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •