Hello everyone another new guy post. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Hello everyone another new guy post. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice GTR - I was wondering what the hell those dual air intakes into that monster motor was on your ...

Nice GTR - I was wondering what the hell those dual air intakes into that monster motor was on your profile pic. As far as the automatic GTR- any reason - Id imagine they come in stick or no? I just bought a limited last week - the HIDs were the reason as I did not want to go back to basic halogen headlights...my only reason for the "leather" is that i feel it cleans up easier. Also I teach boxing at nights so I dont want sweat permeating the cloth seats. I knwo the heat factor in the summer is a PITA though with black interior leather. Am I mistaken or does the limited come with a different front bumper area?it is a bit audi s5ish with the protruding corners (which I do like the look of alot)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wanted to let you guys know that this car right here is why I have fallen in love with Subaru's. It is a 2003 Subaru B4 Blitzen. It has a twin Turbo Boxer engine and makes 260HP. It is a lot of fun to drive and has been the best island beater car ever while living here in Okinawa, Japan. I wish that I could bring it back with me but I am afraid that it is too much of a pain in the ass to do so… Anyway I thought that I would share some photos of it as it is the reason that I am getting the WRX and my wife is getting the 2014 Forester XT Touring… BTW, I attached some shots of my Snow Performance Methanol Injection kit. I plan to reinstall it on my WRX…

Cheers,

-Nate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blitzen_B4_1.jpg   Blitzen_B4_2.jpg   Blitzen_B4_3.jpg   Blitzen_B4_7.jpg   Blitzen_B4_12.jpg  

Blitzen_B4_13.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeCal View Post
    Nice GTR - I was wondering what the hell those dual air intakes into that monster motor was on your profile pic. As far as the automatic GTR- any reason - Id imagine they come in stick or no? I just bought a limited last week - the HIDs were the reason as I did not want to go back to basic halogen headlights...my only reason for the "leather" is that i feel it cleans up easier. Also I teach boxing at nights so I dont want sweat permeating the cloth seats. I knwo the heat factor in the summer is a PITA though with black interior leather. Am I mistaken or does the limited come with a different front bumper area?it is a bit audi s5ish with the protruding corners (which I do like the look of a lot)
    As far as the GT-R being a manual transmission that is a hot topic on the GT-R Life forums. I can tell you that when I did my first 0-60 launch in mine with the paddle shifters I kept bouncing of the REV limiter. The GT-R accelerates so fast that I think a manual transmission would just hinder that process.

I agree, leather makes for easy clean up and with two little kids that is important to me. As far as HIDs, it is one of those things that once you have them on a car it is hard to step down on your next car and live without them. I also want a NAV system too… I am not sure if there is a difference on the front fascia, it may just be the difference in looks with/without fog lights…

Cheers,

-Nate

That Leggy is pretty awesome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    That Leggy is pretty awesome!
    Thank you! I know that am going to miss it a lot but, I think that the WRX will fill that void nicely though.

-Nate

Hey guys I am still looking for a Daily Driver and I have been offered way below invoice pricing on a BRZ Limited. Now I am on the fence again between the WRX and BRZ. I want the versatility of the WRX... However, the sexy looks of the BRZ, it's drifting heritage, and the nicer interior are all calling me...

I use to own a 300ZX TT and I think that minus the huge lack of power the BRZ is better in every single way. The BRZ is what the 300ZX was always supposed to be.

Man I am running in circles here trying to make this decision!

BRZ or WRX:

Performance - WRX (TIE) BRZ
    Drag race (WRX)
    Road Course - WRX (TIE) BRZ

Fun factor;
    Snow/Ice (WRX)
    Drifting Wet or Dry (BRZ)
    Grip Wet or Dry (WRX)
    AUTOX - (BRZ)

Interior - (BRZ)
    Looks (Very Subjective)- (BRZ)
    Practicality (WRX)

I forget your situation and am lazy and not reading through the thread again

Do you need a practical car? If so...WRX.

If not...BRZ. It is, from all accounts, much more the "Driver's Car." There's already some aftermarket upgrades that help out with a bit of power, which for a car that light a little bit will go a longer way.
    - Will

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I forget your situation and am lazy and not reading through the thread again

Do you need a practical car? If so...WRX.

If not...BRZ. It is, from all accounts, much more the "Driver's Car." There's already some aftermarket upgrades that help out with a bit of power, which for a car that light a little bit will go a longer way.

Calvin, TY for your response... The better decision here would be the more practical WRX. But my heart is tugging towards the BRZ. My wife will have a Forester XT so the family car is covered but the BRZ isn't a great back up and neither is the GT-R. The WRX would better serve back up duty if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013GTRNate View Post
    Calvin TY for your response... The better decision here would be the more practical WRX. But my heart is tugging towards the BRZ. My wife will have a Forester XT so the family car is covered but the BRZ isn't a great back up and neither is the GT-R. The WRX would better serve back up duty if needed.
    And is plenty of fun in it's own right! Just different than the BRZ.
    - Will

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123