Waiting.......and waiting......and waiting.

This is a discussion on Waiting.......and waiting......and waiting. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ordered my '13 WRX DGM base 4-door from Subaru of Dayton on Feb. 13th. The sheet from the dealer says ...

Waiting.......and waiting......and waiting.

Ordered my '13 WRX DGM base 4-door from Subaru of Dayton on Feb. 13th. The sheet from the dealer says "July" as the delivery date. Any hope of getting it sooner? I have never ordered a car before and the wait is killer. Definitely excited to be joining the community.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepySedan View Post
    Ordered my '13 WRX DGM base 4-door from Subaru of Dayton on Feb. 13th. The sheet from the dealer says "July" as the delivery date. Any hope of getting it sooner? I have never ordered a car before and the wait is killer. Definitely excited to be joining the community.
    Wow that is a long wait! Here's hoping it comes in sooner Welcome!

That is a long wait, but I do like the DGM 4door pick... I got the same car, but when I was looking (back in September when they were first coming out) the dealer by me didn't have it. I ended up finding a dealer about an hour away had one and I basically bought it over the phone. Looking back I probably could've got them to throw something else in, but I got the car I wanted with no wait. If you found another one, could you cancel the order? I'm not sure how ordering a car works. Either way, good luck!

Congrats and welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

That sucks, got my order in only 20 days

I was told my car was going to take 16 weeks to get to me but I got it in 8 weeks so it could be a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by SleepySedan View Post
    Well, things may be different now but when I ordered my DGM hatch last March 2012 I was told 6-8 weeks but got it in 4 weeks! I'm not sure how good Subaru is communicating with the dealers. The guy I was working with had worked there for 20 years and really knew his stuff. He told me the date was approximate (the time frame given at order time) and once the car was on the ship then he would receive a more firm delivery date (but even that was not a hard date). Almost 4 weeks after my order he contacted me and told me it would be about another 2 weeks (he had just received the info from Subaru)...then he called me a day later and said my car was there! He said he was walking across the lot to see someone and there was my car coming off the truck! No idea how it went from the Subaru notification to being on the lot the next day! That's where he said again that Subaru's communication from the Japan factory isn't all it's cracked up to be...

So here's hoping you have an unexpected surprise like I did!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I've got the same car and color you ordered, mine is a 2012.. Your gonna looooove it!
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

Ordered mine on 12/17 and got it on 2/18- about 8 weeks....yours will be here much sooner than july

Quote Originally Posted by Jlax2485 View Post
    Ordered mine on 12/17 and got it on 2/18- about 8 weeks....yours will be here much sooner than july
    I hope you're right. I'll update as soon as I hear anything.

It has now been *sigh* 15 weeks of waiting. I am now comparing the wait to an NFL season. I think it may be Superbowl time before it gets here. I guess it's what I get for winning a free AP from Cobb. It looks so nice and pretty sitting there in the box.