Soon to be getting an 02-04 WRX. What should I focus on first? Any Tips?

This is a discussion on Soon to be getting an 02-04 WRX. What should I focus on first? Any Tips? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I will soon be getting an WRX anywhere from 02-04. It will be a 5 Speed an its the car ...

Soon to be getting an 02-04 WRX. What should I focus on first? Any Tips?

I will soon be getting an WRX anywhere from 02-04. It will be a 5 Speed an its the car i've always wanted so I know for sure that I will be keeping it. I just don't really know what to start off with for mods or weather I should focus on tires an rims first with maybe a new paint job. Any tips at all?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First find one that is unmolested or at least has a catless uppipe, if not get that done. Then get all its' maintenance done. Drive the car for a bit without mods to find what it's lacking and go from there.

Posted from a fone.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Drive the car for a while. Figure out where you feel it's lacking. Then worry about mods...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Welcome

Drive the car for a while. Figure out where you feel it's lacking. Then worry about mods...
    This +Routine Maintenance
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Focus on correct maintenance using authentic parts. Follow the schedule in the owner's manual. If there is no receipt proving an item has been maintained, it has not; therefore, do it.

This can run into the thou$and$ so find a car that has a full service history (read: $ervice hi$tory!).

Avoid buying a modified car. Avoid modifying a car. Subaru is better at building Subarus than the seller, the buyer, me, or likely you. They've been at it longer and have more resources.

See the how-to-buy threads in the purchasing forum for info on (you guessed it...) how to buy.

The link in my signature provides info also, but it is of secondary concern at most right now. First find the right car. Take your time, they made plenty, it's a mass produced Japanese car. Keep your money tight and look for everything that needs to be there. Check those threads out.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Hey thanks alot everyone. I know for a fact that this is the car ill be keeping onto for a very very long time. Its always been my dream car. One of the first things Im thinking of doing is working on the suspension because im from MA. I also really want a loud catback exhaust system. I'd probably end up getting a paid job sometime soon after i get the car just so I can make it the color that I truely want it to be. Any tips in brands or anything? I know HKS Carbon Ti is the exhaust I want to get.

Get the job first. The car isn't great on gas and maintenance isn't something to skimp on.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Focus on correct maintenance using authentic parts. Follow the schedule in the owner's manual. If there is no receipt proving an item has been maintained, it has not; therefore, do it.

THIS.

Almost blew my engine a few months ago when one of the timing belt idlers seized. The previous owners had replaced the timing belt, but had neglected the idlers. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the tips I really do appreciate it alot. Im going to be taking care of my WRX like o other car lol. I just wanted to make sure Ill be doing all the right things to keep it alive for a very very very long time since this is the car that I want to have for years an years. I plan on putting ALOT of work into it style wise and maintenance wise to get exactly what ive been dreaming about for years lol.