I need Design ideas for new project

This is a discussion on I need Design ideas for new project within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I made an account a while ago, but this is my first post... So, I have a black 09' WRX ...

I need Design ideas for new project

I made an account a while ago, but this is my first post...
    So, I have a black 09' WRX hatchback. I want to start modifying it to make it my own, but need some suggestions for themes. I like the neon green or neon orange colors on the black cars. Also like the red on black. Should I do decals, or paint it? What type of designs? I want to keep the stock wheels for the summer, but get some wheels for winter and dirt driving. Any suggestions on type or color? Thinking of doing the engine bay with red accents on the upgrades. Any suggestions there? I want colored shocks to match the over all theme. Possibly a carbon fiber hood (Varis).

So any suggestions or opinions on any of that? Or links and pictures that can give some good ideas? I'm open to any and all feedback. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I think matte black widebody hatches always look super cool, you could do a 3M wrap if you wanted. But for colors with your stock black, I think blacking out the badges and chrome and then adding bright red or lime green wheels would give you a good look. As long as it's pretty low. Red would be easy to match up with the interior and engine bay as well. Wheels with chrome lips don't go well with black IMO.

If it were my car, it would be flat black with gloss black badges, grille and wheels. Whatever you do, make sure you lower it if you're customizing the rest! Good luck!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I Support ClubWRX
    For dirt, go 15" narrow wheels as long as they clear your brakes. For winter go stock with winters.

Rule of thumb: if you'd be embarrassed to drive the car to a funeral, don't make the change.

To be unique, keep it looking correct and stock unlike everyone else.

For fancy wheels prefer anything with a TUV (this almost universally excludes Asian wheels). Exception:,Enkei. In trust them with my life. So far so good.

Paint is better than stickers. Matte is for primer. Luckily, the car came painted (albeit barely; shame on you, Subaru).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Welcome to the forums.
    While I may not agree with your chosen modification path, I'll not knock it either. Saying that, if you must do your color scheme... maybe stay with vinyl graphics so you can switch it if you decide to part ways with the vehicle in the future.
    Happy modding.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

cut the roof off making it the new WRX CONVERTIBLE

I Support ClubWRX
    There was a convertible made a few years ago.

It was disastrous.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Hey everyone, thanks for the great feedback!! Really appreciate it. I'm not set in stone on changing the color scheme, just coming up with some possibilities. But I'm definitely getting another set of wheels for winter/dirt driving. And probably adjustable suspension: something like TEIN Type HG dampers.

Also, I love everything about the body, except the front bumper. The newer models look pretty cool, but the 09's don't have much to them. Again, much appreciate the replies.