New member, first Subaru, have questions!

This is a discussion on New member, first Subaru, have questions! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, name is Christina and I literally just brought home a 2003 WRX. I love cars but I'm not a ...

Hello, name is Christina and I literally just brought home a 2003 WRX. I love cars but I'm not a genius (general knowledge and understanding) and I've always been a Honda girl (my sincerest apologies). Anyway... the WRX: 200k on body/engine and I got it for a little over $1000. I've always wanted a WRX and this one was such a great deal but I'll be honest, it has its problems. Body is in great shape considering the mileage but I have a blinking check engine light and was told there is low compression in the 4th cylinder, misfiring and whatnot. Now I bought this car knowing full well it may need head work or replacement but it still runs pretty well but has a rough idle, and I'm not sure what my best case/worst case scenarios may be. I am so excited to have this car and I just need a good beating of Subaru knowledge here. Any help is appreciated and thank you very much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20130219_174658.jpg   IMG952013021995174650.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Post CEL code and compression test results.

Best case: loose coil. Worst case: cylinder failure. Cost starts at free and goes to roughly $4k USD.

Follow the link in my signature for more info.

Hondas are great cars, by the way.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Post CEL code and compression test results.

Best case: loose coil. Worst case: cylinder failure. Cost starts at free and goes to roughly $4k USD.

Follow the link in my signature for more info.

Hondas are great cars, by the way.
    Ah, well yes that would be a good first step. At work now so have to wait until I leave but will do. Thank you!