New member! Looking at Subarus!

This is a discussion on New member! Looking at Subarus! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New member here. I thought it would be neat to own an AWD car for living in Minnesota. But I ...

New member! Looking at Subarus!

New member here. I thought it would be neat to own an AWD car for living in Minnesota. But I also wanted to find something with power and something I can tastefully mod visually. I began looking at STi model but I cringed when I saw the price on the older models. I then saw the Subaru Baja turbo. Which is nearly 10k cheaper and for that price I could buy a rebuilt STi motor and drop it in, change the ugly wheels, and lower the suspension to look more car like. However, I do haul light loads and would like to have the truck style. My other potential option is too find a dirt cheap STi with a blown engine. What is the best year engine? And why do I see so many with blown engines around 30k miles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you can get your hands on a newer (2011'+) WRX I would. IMO they are doing something similar to what Toyota did with the 93+ Supras model.
    - 2013 Silver WRX Stage 2 Hatch - SPT and Cobb upgrades, Thule Snowboard racks
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
    - 1988 ASC McLaren Mustang