SPT Boost Gauge
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SPT Boost Gauge within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Don't waste the money on that either. The SPT gauge is known to malfunction frequently: backlight burning out, incorrect boost ...

SPT Boost Gauge

Don't waste the money on that either. The SPT gauge is known to malfunction frequently: backlight burning out, incorrect boost reading, etc. Not worth the $300+ installed price. You can get a Defi gauge for $175-$200 on the higher side and install it yourself in 30 minutes and it will be MUCH better quality. You can find a much higher quality gauge such as AEM, Innovate, or STRI for under $150 and do it yourself.[/QUOTE]

Mikie13 was giving me some advice. I appreciate his help! I have to say I like the fact that everything is Subaru installed so it is covered by warranty. . I also am not confident in my install abilities. Has anyone had good experiences with this?
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not confident in install abilities? Why not? Just wondering...that's all!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

SPT Boost Gauge

I guess I am afraid I am going to jack something up... Cutting/drilling into my dash is a little unnerving.

Re: SPT Boost Gauge

Well, you are really never going to get comfortable enough until you just dive in the first time man. YOU CAN DO IT!

*I am not liable for any damages done to your car due to your sudden confidence from my pep talk.

Posted from a fone.

SPT Boost Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Well, you are really never going to get comfortable enough until you just dive in the first time man. YOU CAN DO IT!

*I am not liable for any damages done to your car due to your sudden confidence from my pep talk.

Posted from a fone.
    Lol! True, true...

You don't really have to cut or drill into anything if you don't want to.

What kind of mount solution did you want? There are tons out there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Hey everyone, just a quick question about the electric boost sender. Mine has broken, ebaying one now. Just wondering if the electric boost sender and the boost gauge have to match upo with pressure readings?
    Example, My boost gauge reads PSI, but I found a cheaper boost sender for the same model gauge on ebay with a description reading: 0 - 3bar pressure capabilities.
    bar and psi are just pressure readings, so I'm thinking will it affect the gauges output? I mean, 1bar = 14.5 psi.. so wouldn't that just come up on the gauge?
    Sorry to be a noob.

That's actually a good question. I never thought about the possibility of a sender having anything to do with the readings. But to be honest with you, to ensure that you have parts that are matching and working correctly, I'd think you should just get one that is made to read in PSI. I'd think only the manufacturer knows your question completely.

I asked the manufacturer, they keep avoiding the question by referring to reliability issues. They don't give me enough information abouit pressure readings. Thanks anyway, I will just have to pay for the sender... the overpriced sender...
    T

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.