show me your wagon & i'll show you mine. lookin for ideas
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on show me your wagon & i'll show you mine. lookin for ideas within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys...i'm a newbie here, but not to owning a scoobie. This is my 2nd scoob and i'm stuck on ...

Hi guys...i'm a newbie here, but not to owning a scoobie. This is my 2nd scoob and i'm stuck on them. First one was a 2001 2.5rs sedan which i fixed up a bit and just sold last week. I've wanted a wagon for quite some time and now that i'm getting married and we plan on travelling around the states it was perfect timing.
    I'm hoping to get some pics posted on here to see what you WAGON owners have done to yours. I'll post things done to my car below. Glad to be here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That wagon is very nice. Its pretty much everything i want to do to mine. Where in Washington are you located?
    Find a low-mileage one-owner unmodified '04/'05 and you're golden.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Thank you. I'm in Spokane. Guess i should fill all that info out on my profile. Ha. Thanks for the reminder. I'm looking to do a 3 pod cluster on my pillar, some STI seats and different wheels.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydingeman View Post
    That wagon is very nice. Its pretty much everything i want to do to mine. Where in Washington are you located?

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Love the stance. Wagons are so cool!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Here's mine

I Support ClubWRX

Gonna subscribe to this so I can see a bunch of wagons. Yours look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

mmmm skid plates. sorry no wagon here :/ maybe one day if i can find a mint saabaru..
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    your wagon looks really nice!
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: show me your wagon & i'll show you mine. lookin for ideas

Need I even comment?

OP your wagon is begging for the H6 rear brake mod.

Beamed at your face at approx. 186,000 miles per second via DROID BIONIC
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

H6..? YOLO BBK.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Thanks guys. Its a great car. Its tuned at 18psi, but i'm running her at 15 to save some gas. Its a DD so gotta keep it cool.
    Hey Zax rear brake mod for what? I dont rally this thing and it stops just fine with these calipers. I dont feel like chewing up rotors with to strong a caliper for nothing.
    Hey SKI.WRX do you have projector headlights? If so where'd you pick them up? I'd like to have projectors cuz the HID kit on my h/l is a bit to scattered for my liking.

Nice Wagon. We have a Wagon thread here somewhere with all the wagons you could ever want. Is it an actual STI motor swap? I did see the VF turbo on there

You shouldn't just turn boost down if you are tuned to 18psi. If you want to save gas, control your right foot. Turning boost up or down won't really affect that.

H6 rear brake mod is simply an upgrade to the calipers to the late H6 Legacy rear calipers. Has nothing to do with rallying or what not. You swap the same size rotors with it (for a pretty cheap price). The WRX is HEAVILY biased towards the front for braking and changing to the H6 upgrade will shift some of that bias back to the rear...in essence you will stop yourself from chewing through rotors in the front by actually utilizing the rears like they should be used.

Look up lightwerkz.com or theretrofitsource.com for proper retrofits of projectors. You shouldn't be running HIDs in the stock housings either.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: show me your wagon & i'll show you mine. lookin for ideas

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmunky View Post
    Thanks guys. Its a great car. Its tuned at 18psi, but i'm running her at 15 to save some gas. Its a DD so gotta keep it cool.
    Hey Zax rear brake mod for what? I dont rally this thing and it stops just fine with these calipers. I dont feel like chewing up rotors with to strong a caliper for nothing.
    Hey SKI.WRX do you have projector headlights? If so where'd you pick them up? I'd like to have projectors cuz the HID kit on my h/l is a bit to scattered for my liking.
    You increase power, plan on improving braking and suspension. Simple as that. FYR, the brakes on the 2002-2005 WRX are AWFUL.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I'll look around for some wagon threads. Its not a swap. Just STI parts on the factory 2.0. That VF whistles beautifully and I have no issues with it. Thanks for the tip on the boost.
    Oh ok so the H6 rears are probably a bit stronger considering thats a much heavier car? Is it a direct bolt on or are their modifications necessary? I would totally be up for that when I get some time to do it.
    As for the headlights i'll probly do that next. These lights are HORRIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Nice Wagon. We have a Wagon thread here somewhere with all the wagons you could ever want. Is it an actual STI motor swap? I did see the VF turbo on there

You shouldn't just turn boost down if you are tuned to 18psi. If you want to save gas, control your right foot. Turning boost up or down won't really affect that.

H6 rear brake mod is simply an upgrade to the calipers to the late H6 Legacy rear calipers. Has nothing to do with rallying or what not. You swap the same size rotors with it (for a pretty cheap price). The WRX is HEAVILY biased towards the front for braking and changing to the H6 upgrade will shift some of that bias back to the rear...in essence you will stop yourself from chewing through rotors in the front by actually utilizing the rears like they should be used.

Look up lightwerkz.com or theretrofitsource.com for proper retrofits of projectors. You shouldn't be running HIDs in the stock housings either.

Well here's my Fam wagon. I just plasti dipped my wheels white. Love this wagon the roof rack is very useful with the family. I also love going autocross with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362549386.654436.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362549430.158295.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362549467.167542.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362549503.216023.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362549528.353524.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.