new to the subaru world
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new to the subaru world within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, my name is Dan and I'm new to the Subaru world. I have been a dsm guy for ...

new to the subaru world

Hello all, my name is Dan and I'm new to the Subaru world. I have been a dsm guy for a long time always wanted a Subaru though. I just picked up a 2003 wrx in yellow with just over 90k. Not sure yet if I will be modding or just enjoying the car as it is. I have had in the past a 97 gsx which I sold in 04 to pay for college and in 09 I had a talon tsi 98. I just sold the tsi a few weeks ago as my did died in hopes to get a wrx. I live in Lakewood co and look forward to the info I'm sure I will find on this site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Welcome fellow bugeye owner!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

New to the world of subaru

New to the subaru world as well, ran a 05 mazda 3 s for awhile had every bolt on known to man but this my friends is my first forced induction car and i love it. 4 days ago i got my hands on a 2010 WRX premium and i fell in love. I have wanted the wrx sence they came out just never had the money to own one so finally i got my dream. Any ideas on the first thing i should do to it is? i know i need a boost gauge at the least for right now but im on informative on every thing but turbos so im new to those. I have read the cobb tune is basically the best thing to start out with is this true? i would like the boost gauge just to i know everything is running well expecially the waste gate so i think that is a important thing to get. Why does the WRX not come with a boost gauge i have been tryin to figure this out but cant find any info? thanks

Welcome thatguy! Lots of Subaru owners/modders here in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by BFam0102 View Post
    New to the subaru world as well, ran a 05 mazda 3 s for awhile had every bolt on known to man but this my friends is my first forced induction car and i love it. 4 days ago i got my hands on a 2010 WRX premium and i fell in love. I have wanted the wrx sence they came out just never had the money to own one so finally i got my dream. Any ideas on the first thing i should do to it is? i know i need a boost gauge at the least for right now but im on informative on every thing but turbos so im new to those. I have read the cobb tune is basically the best thing to start out with is this true? i would like the boost gauge just to i know everything is running well expecially the waste gate so i think that is a important thing to get. Why does the WRX not come with a boost gauge i have been tryin to figure this out but cant find any info? thanks
    Welcome! You'd be best off reading the stickies at the top of the forums first. They already cover all of "the first things to do." A lot of cars don't come with boost gauges so it's not surprising the WRX doesn't have one. You get a lot for your money already and every little part adds extra $$$ so that's an easy place for them to shave a bit of cost, and there's no harm to not having the gauge.

Cobb makes awesome tunes that are very reliable and run by probably 10 times as many owners as any other tuner out there (probably more) with very, very few issues and great power increases. The down side is you pay a bit more for the really simple way of tuning the car with their product (AccessPort), and maybe you give up a few ponies since it's not a custom tune. On the flip side, their VERY VERY experienced tuners are sure to have VERY VERY much more experience than any other tuner in the country.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Awesome, yea i saw the post after this one, thanks for the help

Welcome and congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

welcome bugeye owner!
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.